5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help with Alpha OBD

Tango51

Reaction score
I'm trying to program a new key fob for my 2022 truck and I can't get the alpha obd program to read the 5 number pin code so I can program the key. Everything is hooked up correctly but it ends always with an error. I've tried it with the key in the accessory mode as well as off but no luck. I have programmed passive entry in the truck a few months ago and it worked perfectly but I did not need a pin code for that. Any thoughts..Thanks in advance.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was under the impression if you have the five digit pin you could.

Nope. You'll have to take it to the dealer. I believe a locksmith can do it too, if they have the right equipment.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some additional info

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
thank you
I too have an alpha and I was told it could program a fob if you have the pin. I was unable to get my pin.
Are you sure your pin is correct?
Don't reveal if you don't want to, but where did you get your pin?

Moparmaniacca

Reaction score
Dealer can look up your pin. Just need your license and registration, charged me $5 to do it for my Challenger. AlfOBD was pulling the pin, but it was wrong...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dealer can look up your pin. Just need your license and registration, charged me $5 to do it for my Challenger. AlfOBD was pulling the pin, but it was wrong...
Can't do it with Alfaob. It's a rolling pin, so what pin did they give you for your Ram because it wasn't what you needed.
I know there is a $300-500 device that can do keys, but that's way more expensive then just paying a locksmith.

Moparmaniacca

Reaction score
I haven't tried it on the Rebel, only the Challenger. Was just stating that even if AlfaOBD could pull the pin, it doesn't mean that it's correct. I'll be going to a locksmith when it's time to add new fobs to the Rebel, as the dealer wants $195 for programming.

Tango51

Reaction score
I haven't tried it on the Rebel, only the Challenger. Was just stating that even if AlfaOBD could pull the pin, it doesn't mean that it's correct. I'll be going to a locksmith when it's time to add new fobs to the Rebel, as the dealer wants $195 for programming.
195.00 isn't bad the locksmiths around me want 200.00

oe542bob

Reaction score
When I bought my 2018 Ram 2500, I asked the selling dealer for the 4 digit pin and it was given to me without any problem. In that case I needed it to reset the TPMS to access the RF hub. ( used AlfaOBD )
Last year when I got my new 2022 1500, I asked the service manager/owner for the pin. He stated that there is a rolling PIN number now. So in certain circumstances, you’ll need the dealer to do certain programming.
Of course, if you are somewhat nefarious, making a new FOB seems to be no problem for criminals cloning a new FOB to steal a Ram, Challenger, Charger, etc. !!!

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not every dealer will do it. After my dealer refused me I contacted Stelantis and they said dealers are NOT supposed to give customers pin numbers. So if you got one and it works consider yourself lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread