5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help with key fobs.....

WheelerNation

Reaction score
Some months back I purchased the 12 inch radio from infotainment and installed in my truck. Had no issues with the radio or functions until I went to the dealership to have the system config restore to get passive entry added to the radio. Ever since my fobs have wont lock, unlock, or remote start. First I took them and put new batteries in both. I unplugged my battery overnight in hopes of resetting and nothing worked. Then I stopped by a locksmith and they tested both fobs and said they had signals. Next I took it back to the dealer and they said they can do nothing because I dont have the radio that came with my truck, which was a 8.4 inch that I now regret selling. I went to an aftermarket shop to have a compustar fob installed and they are now telling me they cant do anything without the factory fob working. So now I am in a situation where I think I am about out of options to get this fixed. Is there something Alpha OBD or something else I can do to get this issue resolved. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s not your radio. It’s your module behind the seat that senses your fob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WheelerNation

Reaction score
That’s not your radio. It’s your module behind the seat that senses your fob

So you think I would need a new one? Another question which seat is it behind?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you think I would need a new one? Another question which seat is it behind?

First have you installed anything that would interfere with the frequency of the module? Alarm dash cam etc? Mine is behind the 60 seat

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some months back I purchased the 12 inch radio from infotainment and installed in my truck. Had no issues with the radio or functions until I went to the dealership to have the system config restore to get passive entry added to the radio. Ever since my fobs have wont lock, unlock, or remote start. First I took them and put new batteries in both. I unplugged my battery overnight in hopes of resetting and nothing worked. Then I stopped by a locksmith and they tested both fobs and said they had signals. Next I took it back to the dealer and they said they can do nothing because I dont have the radio that came with my truck, which was a 8.4 inch that I now regret selling. I went to an aftermarket shop to have a compustar fob installed and they are now telling me they cant do anything without the factory fob working. So now I am in a situation where I think I am about out of options to get this fixed. Is there something Alpha OBD or something else I can do to get this issue resolved. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I didn’t read correctly. Take back to dealer and ask for manager because they are lying about the radio

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also call infotainment and let them know as well because the obd they gave you reprogram you’re nvm just to make sure nothing is messed up

WheelerNation

Reaction score
Also call infotainment and let them know as well because the obd they gave you reprogram you’re nvm just to make sure nothing is messed up

I do have a dash cam from and back installed. I also put in a support ticket with infotainment. I will reach out to a different dealership as well to see if they can fix this mess. Appreciate the help.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do have a dash cam from and back installed. I also put in a support ticket with infotainment. I will reach out to a different dealership as well to see if they can fix this mess. Appreciate the help.

Walk all the way up on your truck and use the fob and see what happens also remember the dealer is lying about radio. Tell infotainment your having issues with dealer about rafio

WheelerNation

Reaction score
Walk all the way up on your truck and use the fob and see what happens also remember the dealer is lying about radio. Tell infotainment your having issues with dealer about rafio

Do you have the 12 inch radio? If so can you take a picture of the door/lock setting screen and post it.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the 12 inch radio? If so can you take a picture of the door/lock setting screen and post it.
I Have the 12 inch but don't have the passive lock yet...Im working or waiting on the parts now..go to the adding passive entry thread and ask

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread