5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with info regarding grill back order

Marko1912

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently became a member of the Ram family after leasing a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn. I have to say I love the truck after being a long time Jeep guy. I’m on here looking for assistance because I’m at a loss for what to do next. I hit a deer early in the morning on November 5th. Had some decent front end damage and punctured the radiator. I took it to a body shop the dealer recommended. After the insurance adjuster checked it out it was given a 2 week repair time. Well it’s December 22nd and I still have no truck. I’m being told by the dealer and the body shop that Mopar is having issues and the grill is back ordered. No one can give me a date on when they will get the grill and I’m losing my patience. Has anyone experienced or heard anything regarding this issue with Mopar?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently became a member of the Ram family after leasing a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn. I have to say I love the truck after being a long time Jeep guy. I’m on here looking for assistance because I’m at a loss for what to do next. I hit a deer early in the morning on November 5th. Had some decent front end damage and punctured the radiator. I took it to a body shop the dealer recommended. After the insurance adjuster checked it out it was given a 2 week repair time. Well it’s December 22nd and I still have no truck. I’m being told by the dealer and the body shop that Mopar is having issues and the grill is back ordered. No one can give me a date on when they will get the grill and I’m losing my patience. Has anyone experienced or heard anything regarding this issue with Mopar?
There have been problems with many parts from what I have read on the forum. I believe it is a combination of parts going to building new vehicles and the order/stock process today. It seems businesses keep less and less stock and rely on deliveries these days.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Give a little more time. This year has been crazy on production lines due to Covid. No doubt there are delays in almost everything this year. Add into the mix shipping companies being tasked with delivering massive doses of vaccine, just a bad time of the year to try to get anything.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello Mark, we are sorry to hear about your situation! Our team would be happy to look into this further for you. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we may assist with getting this part to you sooner if possible!

Kathryn
RamCares

Marko1912

Reaction score
Hello Mark, we are sorry to hear about your situation! Our team would be happy to look into this further for you. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we may assist with getting this part to you sooner if possible!

Kathryn
RamCares
Thank you for reaching out. I picked up my truck 2 days ago. Part finally arrived and the body shop got everything put together right away. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread