5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help, which bulb is this?

eproulx38

Reaction score
I'm changing stock bulbs to LED bulbs and I hear there are 2 different rear turn signals used. Which one do I have and which LED would it take. Thank you !

Attachments

• 20200919_101834.jpg
    20200919_101834.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200919_101828.jpg
    20200919_101828.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 29

eproulx38

Reaction score

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for sounding dumb on this one... so for lasfit would it be this bulb? I just don't want to buy the wrong one
Yup. That'll work.

Shives

Reaction score
In the back tail light, the 7440 you should is a single filament. The 7443 is a dual! The early models have a twist in bulb, very different. The rear tail lights can’t be switch back, must be single. Also don’t forget to change your settings with AlfaOBD.

eproulx38

Reaction score
In the back tail light, the 7440 you should is a single filament. The 7443 is a dual! The early models have a twist in bulb, very different. The rear tail lights can’t be switch back, must be single. Also don’t forget to change your settings with AlfaOBD.
I picked this one up on ebay... hopefully it is good to go. I also picked up the lasfit whole set for $275 on ebay (both say they are authorized dealers) when I download alfaobd do I need cables to connect to the trucks obd port, USB ports, or is it wireless? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200920-150554_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200920-150554_Chrome.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 8

Shives

Reaction score
You would need a few things.
1. a good quality OBD over Bluetooth adapter. Starting around 25.00 and up. I highly suggest getting the OBDlink MX+. For 99.00. This will give you total access. Other wise, like mine..Wireless Bluetooth OBDII or OBD2 Reader Scanner Tool for Android (NOT iPhone/iOS Compatible) Diagnose & Fix Check Engine Light by BAFX Products https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4R7zFbEH6J42K can be had for 21.00. Again, wish I bought the MX. better chance to get to other areas of the truck. 95% can be done with the lessor expensive one I posted.
2. you will need some sort of OBD bypass harness for the truck! It has a SWG that won’t let you gain access.. so, KAODtech has a nice one, I got as well! But, Zautomotive.com sells like 3 different versions. Pick one.. mine keeps the SWG in-tact... Some can remove, or bypass 100%.
3. you’ll need a windows laptop or Android tablet/phone that’s halfway decent to download and use AlfaOBD. It’s like 49.99 or something.
Worth it! Turns your phone or tablet to a mean machine for Your RAM truck.
4. please read the Alfaobd thread in the mod section. Learn about what your going to use. One wrong move can land you in dead battery department or the famous can a brother get a tow to the dealership mode! Use at your own risk! So, again... read.. knowledge is power.

Bonus section:
Soon enough you’ll be ordering rain sensors, doing 12” conversions, programming bed lights and more. This could lead to your buddy’s being over late night, crazy commands to make the truck function as an SRT and a empty wallet.

Take a look around you’ll find some great information.

eproulx38

Reaction score
You would need a few things.
1. a good quality OBD over Bluetooth adapter. Starting around 25.00 and up. I highly suggest getting the OBDlink MX+. For 99.00. This will give you total access. Other wise, like mine..Wireless Bluetooth OBDII or OBD2 Reader Scanner Tool for Android (NOT iPhone/iOS Compatible) Diagnose & Fix Check Engine Light by BAFX Products https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4R7zFbEH6J42K can be had for 21.00. Again, wish I bought the MX. better chance to get to other areas of the truck. 95% can be done with the lessor expensive one I posted.
2. you will need some sort of OBD bypass harness for the truck! It has a SWG that won’t let you gain access.. so, KAODtech has a nice one, I got as well! But, Zautomotive.com sells like 3 different versions. Pick one.. mine keeps the SWG in-tact... Some can remove, or bypass 100%.
3. you’ll need a windows laptop or Android tablet/phone that’s halfway decent to download and use AlfaOBD. It’s like 49.99 or something.
Worth it! Turns your phone or tablet to a mean machine for Your RAM truck.
4. please read the Alfaobd thread in the mod section. Learn about what your going to use. One wrong move can land you in dead battery department or the famous can a brother get a tow to the dealership mode! Use at your own risk! So, again... read.. knowledge is power.

Bonus section:
Soon enough you’ll be ordering rain sensors, doing 12” conversions, programming bed lights and more. This could lead to your buddy’s being over late night, crazy commands to make the truck function as an SRT and a empty wallet.

Take a look around you’ll find some great information.
Thank you for all of this infomation! I did find the alfaobd thread and have a lot to read! I have to slow down on the mods/add ons for a bit.... definitely spending too much money haha.

eproulx38

Reaction score
Got all the exteriors swapped out except for the cargo and third brake light...nervous of leaks and key fob interference. Might try it though when I get the alfaobd up and running. Bought the OBDlink MX+ like shives suggested and the harness was off amazon but had very good reviews. THANKS AGAIN

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Got all the exteriors swapped out except for the cargo and third brake light...nervous of leaks and key fob interference. Might try it though when I get the alfaobd up and running. Bought the OBDlink MX+ like shives suggested and the harness was off amazon but had very good reviews. THANKS AGAIN
Don't worry about it. Get high quality bulbs and you won't get any problems... i use Alla Lighting. You can also get Diode Dynamics.
If your 3rd brake light isn't leaking now, it's probably going to stay that way.
I've had no issues when tightening the screws with the same force they were tightened from the factory.

eproulx38

Reaction score
Don't worry about it. Get high quality bulbs and you won't get any problems... i use Alla Lighting. You can also get Diode Dynamics.
If your 3rd brake light isn't leaking now, it's probably going to stay that way.
I've had no issues when tightening the screws with the same force they were tightened from the factory.
I bought the whole lasfit set. I've been seeing people mention the keyfob problems with this brand and the 3rd brakelight. I'll try alfaobd with them first... then maybe diode dynamics if it doesn't work. I should just buy the better gasket for the 3rd brakelight anyways for when I take it apart

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the whole lasfit set. I've been seeing people mention the keyfob problems with this brand and the 3rd brakelight. I'll try alfaobd with them first... then maybe diode dynamics if it doesn't work. I should just buy the better gasket for the 3rd brakelight anyways for when I take it apart
Get the better bulb for the first time you change them. Don't swap it with anything that's known to be problematic with this truck.
Get DD and install them instead...

Shives

Reaction score
Only area that has problems with Lasfit is the CHMSL, To which DD lights do the same thing, as well Alla. It’s not every truck. Trucks that come with LEDs in other spots don’t have the issue as much. Has to do with the PWM.

Few of us are trying to do some backwards engineering and figure out where the interface can be eliminated.

Glad you got all the parts needed! Have fun.
Let me know how that MX works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread