5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help - Trying to get Transfer Case into Neutral

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
edit: Just checked, my truck did not come with a paper manual, just with some useless "lets get started" booklet.

A salesperson probably removed it to mail to another Ram buyer who couldn't find the one located in rear floor storage area under to floormat.

Day I bought my truck I had no idea that hidden storage under the rear floor mat existed. Called my sales person and told him I never received an owners manual. He said he would take one from another truck and mail it to me. In the meantime, I downloaded the PDF and learned about the rear floor storage. Sure enough, that's where the manual was. I called and stopped him from mailing it, but it's possible someone's owners manual is sitting on his desk.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
All,
Thank you all for the suggestions and ideas.
I followed the instructions to the letter and punctuation. One step at a time. I printed the 2 relevant pages from the electronic manual and carried the paper to the truck.
The truck was on flat ground, the parking brake was set, the driver's door was closed, driver's seatbelt was on and clicked. The engine was running at idle, if the engine is not running and the ignition switch was in the run position, the transmission selector would/will not move.
The yellow cord on the dash is for an emergent need to move the truck (short distance) vs. towing for a considerable distance (aka flat towing).
Thank you to Mr. Miller as you provided what I was looking for as a response. I will give the new information a try on Friday daylight. The manual should be improved with a better description of where to push the button vs. push with a pin on the LED of the button. As I suspected the LED appeared to be the target, I was afraid that I would break the switch from the force of the pin applying force that would displace the LED. The pressure point should be also moved from the LED or the LED repositioned in the future part design.
I will report back my results Friday night/Saturday morning.
Owners helping owners are the best source of information.
Thank you again for all of your efforts to help me solve my problem.

BlueHemi1500

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No idea, never broke open the paper copy, still in its sealed plastic.
I downloaded the PDF file and use that.
edit: Just checked, my truck did not come with a paper manual, just with some useless "lets get started" booklet.
Some info when the owner's manual was not included.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
All,
As promised, I tried Mr. Miller's excellent tutorial and pictures.
To the future readers of this post. Mr. Miller's instructions are spot on.
I was able to determine that the several ballpoint pens were just a little larger than the diameter of the LED. I used a small key with a square edge and pushed on the LED, and It worked exactly as expected.
The key to making the switch work is to be able to put pressure on the LED directly, and of course, follow all the steps in the manual.

Thanks again for the help.
My truck functions as designed. :)

BlueHemi1500

Users who are viewing this thread