5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help to order my first truck ever

gs1978

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to Ram family and it will be my first truck ever. Actually, I was in between 2018 F150 Lariat and new 2019 Ram 1500 since last couple months and now finally decided to order new Ram. Did test drive both and loved the smooth ride in Ram along with interRam has compare to F150I couldn't find one in lot in 300 miles range.
Here is my specs I want:

-2019 Laramie Sport 4×4 Short box
-5.7-Liter V8 HEMI(Non Etorque)
-Anti Spin Diffrential Rear Axle
-33 Gallon Fuel Tank

PACKAGES:
-Level 2 Equipment Group
-Sport Appearance Package
-Bed Utility Group
-Protection Group
-Advanced Safety Group

EXTERIOR :
-Granite Crystal Met Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
-Rear Wheelhouse Liners
-Power Running Boards

INTERIOR:
-Uconnect 4C NAV with 12" Display
-Panaromic Roof
-Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats
-Trailer Brake Control $62205

Problem is my local dealer here told me there is scheduled restriction to order this unless I want to order Longhorn which I don't. Have any of you guys heard about this if this is true or dealer just trying to sell me one from lot.

Contacted another dealer about 150 miles from me and he did tried to build and order for me but salesman called me back next day and said Ram don't build "Protection Group" with my specs which I am ok with that but he also said I can't get 20" standard wheels on it which I do want to get. Reason for that is I am going to put aftermarket wheels(Havoc or Fuel) with Nitto Ridge Grappler tires along with leveling kit so no reason to pay Ram for optional wheels which I am gonna change anyway. Does anybody know if Ram changed the order specs or its just dealer to dealer thing. But, never see any error when building it online with dealer.

I check inventory every other day on Ram site to find one in lot but seems like no one in 500 miles radius has it with all the specs I want. I did find few with almost every single option I want then there is always missing something or it has something which I don't want like tow mirror package or air ride suspension. So, I just wanna know if I am building it wrong or what. I mean do I need to remove something from my list.

Also, I would like to know the exact time from order date to delivery date because one dealer told me its 3-4 months which I am sure I'll be able to find one in lot by then. Sorry, for this long read guys but I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me this.

Thanks.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
You probley not going to get an exact time on delivery. That 3-4 month's is probley if you order ram box's. My dealer's rep told him mine would take 3-4 month's. I ordered on 8/29 and it was built on 9/20. Currently waiting for the train ride to St. Louis. Also there has been a price increase since i ordered so if you can find one on the lot, it will save you some money.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You probley not going to get an exact time on delivery. That 3-4 month's is probley if you order ram box's. My dealer's rep told him mine would take 3-4 month's. I ordered on 8/29 and it was built on 9/20. Currently waiting for the train ride to St. Louis.
I don't think he's ordered RamBoxes, but @gs1978 might want to look at our RamBox tracking spreadsheet. It looks like the average has been just over 100 days to delivery on RamBox orders, although recent orders have been moving more quickly. Non-RamBox orders have moved much more quickly in some cases.

gs1978

Reaction score
You probley not going to get an exact time on delivery. That 3-4 month's is probley if you order ram box's. My dealer's rep told him mine would take 3-4 month's. I ordered on 8/29 and it was built on 9/20. Currently waiting for the train ride to St. Louis. Also there has been a price increase since i ordered so if you can find one on the lot, it will save you some money.
I guess you are right for not getting exact time for delivery but Ram box is not on my list though. So, I am still trying to find one on lot in 500 miles radius with everything I want and I am sure it'll save me more money too as you've mentioned.
Thanks for your input...

gs1978

Reaction score
I don't think he's ordered RamBoxes, but @gs1978 might want to look at our RamBox tracking spreadsheet. It looks like the average has been just over 100 days to delivery on RamBox orders, although recent orders have been moving more quickly. Non-RamBox orders have moved much more quickly in some cases.
Correct.. No Ram box on my list. I'll hold on to my order for a week or so if I can find one on lot with all options/packages I want. If not, then will order it for sure and I hope I'll get it within 8 weeks which is normal delivery time I guess or even quicker since I am not getting Ram box.
Thank you...

gs1978

Reaction score
Welcome.

Hope the search for your truck goes well.

Thanks for joining us
Thanks...

Did contact 3 dealers in 150 miles radius to order one for me but they all said some options from my build sheet won't click when they try to order it. So, I guess I'll just wait until I find one in lot.

gs1978

Reaction score
I found one about 600 miles away from my place which is pretty close to my build sheet in OP. It doesn't have "Bed Utility Group($895) and Protection Group($295) though but these 2 options can be added later on I guess. This truck does have 22" wheels for additional $1995 which I didn't want because gonna put 20" aftermarket wheels/tires so I might sell these 22s.

MSRP was $63K and after the rebates and incentives its for $55K but I got email back from dealer today and their final price for me is $51K plus dmv and my state tax. So, what you guys think should I go ahead finalize this deal?
Thanks in advance...

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My first order with ram box was 8/31 and built 9/24. Unfortunately they couldn’t alter my order to remove the tow group as the FCA rep indicated they made the change- so I had to start over on 9/24.

Users who are viewing this thread