5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help removing door panel

Rick8325

Reaction score
Started to replace my door speakers. Did only 1 rear door but can’t get the bottom door pins to lock back in. What’s the trick? Removing the door was easy enough.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Started to replace my door speakers. Did only 1 rear door but can’t get the bottom door pins to lock back in. What’s the trick? Removing the door was easy enough.
1st make sure the clip isn’t busted before you try the following, just in case it failed during removal. (unlikely but possible)

Not really a trick, but I had to hold the door firmly with one hand, and push the panel on with other so I could exert more pushing force. Some of the fasteners did not require this, but some did.

Rick8325

Reaction score
1st make sure the clip isn’t busted before you try the following, just in case it failed during removal. (unlikely but possible)

Not really a trick, but I had to hold the door firmly with one hand, and push the panel on with other so I could exert more pushing force. Some of the fasteners did not require this, but some did.
I just had to really give it a good push/whack and they locked back into place.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the lower fasteners, you almost have to push so hard, as to bend/flex the plastic portion of the panel to get the clips to insert far enough, then allow the panel to "spring/flex" back

CDP110

Reaction score
The top of panel where you rest arm on my truck is separating from panel. Looks like they did not use screws to hold. Looks like they melted plastic to hold together. Has anyone else seen this happen. I think when I removed panel I separated melted on piece. To me this looks very cheap

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The top of panel where you rest arm on my truck is separating from panel. Looks like they did not use screws to hold. Looks like they melted plastic to hold together. Has anyone else seen this happen. I think when I removed panel I separated melted on piece. To me this looks very cheap

You could try using a broad tip on a soldering iron at low temp to "re-weld" the plastic joint.

Users who are viewing this thread