5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help in my Lemon Case

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Hey guys - I am going to arbitration for my whistle noise. I am welcome to all feedback to help win my case. However the primary purpose here to prove significant loss of value. Hopefully sometime people here can chime in and help me figure out how to calculate that.

RammyShand

Reaction score
I had two successful lemon law experiences. The first went to arbitration and the facts spoke for themselves. Not being flippant but either your case fits your state's definition of a lemon or it doesn't.

The second case, the manufacturer played hardball until caving a few days before arbitration was scheduled.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Manufactures response is it does not substantially diminish value, so I know I will need to bring that to the table. Other than that, they have had 6 repair attempts, including a final and have had the truck for over 15 days.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good luck my friend...fortunately, I am not experiencing your issue so can't be of much help. My thoughts are that it will be difficult to claim "loss of value" over a whistling noise but you never know. As @RammyShand stated above, it's on a case by case and state by state basis.

Dave07

Reaction score
I would maybe take a decibel reading and then find some sort of standard for allowable decibels. Hopefully, the decibel exceeds the standard. The other point I would argue is that you bought this truck for the quiet cabin, maybe find some Ram literature where they emphasized that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a tough issue to prove value over. Maybe do some quick research on tinnitus and how that condition affects the quality of life in those affected by it and then make that relation to a product you are forced to use as it’s what you can afford. ?? It’s stretching I know but them not doing something after 6 attempts is also BS.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s a tough issue to prove value over. Maybe do some quick research on tinnitus and how that condition affects the quality of life in those affected by it and then make that relation to a product you are forced to use as it’s what you can afford. ?? It’s stretching I know but them not doing something after 6 attempts is also BS.
He'll need something from his Physician stating that he's at risk for this "illness" which I don't think is viable but very creative indeed!

mstenvold

Reaction score
Honestly my advice is to not waste your time. I went through the process for brake noise in reverse. Documented from 3k miles on up, at 19k miles dealer had the truck for exactly 60 days and it was the 3rd repair attempt. FCA’s case was “sorry brake warranty is 12m/12k miles”. Arbitrator asked me to demonstrate the noise, I told them it’s most obvious in the morning when everything was cool and asked to leave it at the dealer over night and come back to demonstrate in the morning. They said nope try it now and of course on a 95 degree afternoon after driving over 150 miles that day it didn’t make any noise so my case was dismissed so to speak and dealer/FCA refuse to do anything about it now after it’s progressively gotten worse.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Honestly my advice is to not waste your time. I went through the process for brake noise in reverse. Documented from 3k miles on up, at 19k miles dealer had the truck for exactly 60 days and it was the 3rd repair attempt. FCA’s case was “sorry brake warranty is 12m/12k miles”. Arbitrator asked me to demonstrate the noise, I told them it’s most obvious in the morning when everything was cool and asked to leave it at the dealer over night and come back to demonstrate in the morning. They said nope try it now and of course on a 95 degree afternoon after driving over 150 miles that day it didn’t make any noise so my case was dismissed so to speak and dealer/FCA refuse to do anything about it now after it’s progressively gotten worse.

I thought they have a TSB for the issue now? What state are you in? Did you use a lawyer?

Dontfront82

Reaction score
I have this exact same noise in reverse every morning. I live in Texas.
But I also have bigger problems with this truck than breaks noise
This is a horrible

aametzger

Reaction score
What is TSB
I think is a tech service bulletin or something similar. Basically a documented description of an issue and how the techs fix it maybe? - Maybe I should have let someone else respond who knows exactly what it stands for :cool:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think is a tech service bulletin or something similar. Basically a documented description of an issue and how the techs fix it maybe? - Maybe I should have let someone else respond who knows exactly what it stands for :cool:
Exactly right. Technical Service Bulletin. When the factory is aware of a problem that doesn't justify a recall and does not impact all vehicles, they issue a TSB. It states the nature of the issue that some customers experience and what to do to rectify the issue. Could be hardware...software or both.

Users who are viewing this thread