5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help in changing mirrors

Bellpa

Reaction score
I have blind spot monitoring, if you switch them out you lose that functionality as well. I actually enjoy the tow mirrors, I don't flip them up though
It took me a minute to get used to them as well, but now that I have, I like them. Especially coming from a Tacoma, it's nice to see the view for cornering with curbs and such.

Lefman

Reaction score
So does anyone know what year model mirrors will fit in a 19? I'd like to swap out the tow mirrors for a set that's all glass. I don't need the heat or inside fold in stuff, just want to be ablt to control them from inside. I think next year I'll trade in for the 2020 with everything I'd like! Anyone have any info on that? Tx! Greg

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So does anyone know what year model mirrors will fit in a 19? I'd like to swap out the tow mirrors for a set that's all glass. I don't need the heat or inside fold in stuff, just want to be ablt to control them from inside. I think next year I'll trade in for the 2020 with everything I'd like! Anyone have any info on that? Tx! Greg

If @rebelman replies back he can tell you what is functioning. I’ve heard that controlling just the mirror glass is the only function that works with this swap.

Lefman

Reaction score
If @rebelman replies back he can tell you what is functioning. I’ve heard that controlling just the mirror glass is the only function that works with this swap.
That would be all I need! None of those blind spots mirrors for me, just normal glass. I'm hoping other years may be compatible. Tx for replying!

Smitty1

Reaction score
I Was able to swap my tow mirrors out for some Laramie sport style mirrors. These had power adjust, turn signal, heated, and blind spot just like my Limited tow mirrors came with. No power fold (because I don’t have a module to support that or Rams help for programming that sales code) but everything works so I’m much happier with these! I just found a truck that had the same features as mine and used that trucks VIN to find the exact replacement mirrors. Wires going to the two connectors for the modules are all different color schemes, but it still all worked fine. So the only thing I’m lacking is power fold and 360 camera (which I don’t mind not having).

Attachments

• 562A2169-BDAF-4FCB-934E-8061193D0FA7.jpeg
    562A2169-BDAF-4FCB-934E-8061193D0FA7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • A5D78317-72E4-44C5-A7EC-1FD5AE7FB32E.jpeg
    A5D78317-72E4-44C5-A7EC-1FD5AE7FB32E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64

Old Ray

Reaction score
I hate those mirrors too, and you loose the power folding! I wonder why so many dealers order them with these.

I had a dealer tell me (for whatever that is worth) that the early preliminary dealer inventory orders did not have the package contents fully explained from FCA. (I am also a tow mirror victim) :mad:

PS: Some info on a complete aftermarket kit including a link to the manufacture here;
https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...rors-with-power-folding-10-cyber-monday.4103/

Last edited:
F

FL1500

Just took possession of my new Larame, sport package last night. Got home and realized the button for folding the mirrors is not there. Freaking tow package. I can't get my truck in my garage without going outside to fold in the passenger mirror. Just venting and following for a solution. :mad:

Old Ray

Reaction score
I can't get my truck in my garage without going outside to fold in the passenger mirror. Just venting and following for a solution. :mad:

Welcome to the "tow mirror victim club", it keeps getting bigger ............... and all of the solutions involve YOU spending more money.

So instead of spending money on replacement mirrors why not all of us pony up for some legal advice, the only way to get the attention of a mule or corporation is hit them in the head with a stick?

Lefman

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any "standard" mirror, folding or not _(this gen or not) that can just replace the tow mirrors? No heat, folding, etc is fine, I just can't see well! Txx!

royP

Reaction score
I Was able to swap my tow mirrors out for some Laramie sport style mirrors. These had power adjust, turn signal, heated, and blind spot just like my Limited tow mirrors came with. No power fold (because I don’t have a module to support that or Rams help for programming that sales code) but everything works so I’m much happier with these! I just found a truck that had the same features as mine and used that trucks VIN to find the exact replacement mirrors. Wires going to the two connectors for the modules are all different color schemes, but it still all worked fine. So the only thing I’m lacking is power fold and 360 camera (which I don’t mind not having).
can i get information? i wanna change my tow mirror

Gary2920

Reaction score
can i get information? i wanna change my tow mirror
Hey Smitty, did you buy new mirrors or bone yard? If I may ask, how much did they cost? I just picked up a new 2019 yesterday and hate the tow mirrors. seems to have blind spots.

kjn86

Reaction score
Hey Smitty, did you buy new mirrors or bone yard? If I may ask, how much did they cost? I just picked up a new 2019 yesterday and hate the tow mirrors. seems to have blind spots.

This has all been explained many places in this forum. Yes it is easy to do and it costs about $500 to replace mirrors one for one with no other changes.

See https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...th-power-folding-10-cyber-monday.4103/page-18. On page 18 is where the most recent discussion happens that may interest you. The back pages are useful but have a lot of back and forth that won't apply.

I basically just swapped out mirrors and kept my blind spot monitoring and puddle lights that my tow mirrors had. I didn't change the modules to enable power folding or change the door panel and didn't do any programming. Just wanted to see better. Didn't care about power fold.

Step 1: Identify the mirrors you want
Step 2: Buy them
Step 3: Swap (took me less than an hour)

If you want the full deal (power folding), you can go the easiest route, which is to order the kit from infotainment for full functionality and just buy everything from one place. Harder route is to buy it all separately yourself (also discussed in that thread) and just get the programming ODBGenie from Infotainment to enable the power folding.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Gary2920

Reaction score
This has all been explained many places in this forum. Yes it is easy to do and it costs about $500 to replace mirrors one for one with no other changes.

See https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...th-power-folding-10-cyber-monday.4103/page-18. On page 18 is where the most recent discussion happens that may interest you. The back pages are useful but have a lot of back and forth that won't apply.

I basically just swapped out mirrors and kept my blind spot monitoring and puddle lights that my tow mirrors had. I didn't change the modules to enable power folding or change the door panel and didn't do any programming. Just wanted to see better. Didn't care about power fold.

Step 1: Identify the mirrors you want
Step 2: Buy them
Step 3: Swap (took me less than an hour)

If you want the full deal (power folding), you can go the easiest route, which is to order the kit from infotainment for full functionality and just buy everything from one place. Harder route is to buy it all separately yourself (also discussed in that thread) and just get the programming ODBGenie from Infotainment to enable the power folding.

Let me know if you have specific questions.
Thanks much! I'm newbie on the forum and learning it all works.

Sergixxx

Reaction score
Is the tow mirrors bad I was thinking about swapping to tow mirrors?
I want to install tow mirrors in mine too since it didn't come with any, would it retain all functionality even though the originals didn't have them?

Users who are viewing this thread