5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help in changing mirrors

rebelman

Reaction score
Have a 19 rebel... came with the tow mirrors... Definitely not a fan. I purchased a set of regular mirrors and need help in changing these. I attempted to do this yesterday but i am unable to remove the door panel trim. I dont want to break anything and unable to find any instructions anywhwere. Please help!!

Will sell my oem tow mirrors as soon as i swap them out... i dont tow anything.

Lefman

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm in the same boat as you, I HATE the tow mirrors! Can I ask where you found new regular ones? I just don't know what's compatible. Also, where mdo you think we can off load the tow mirrors and not get hosed? Tx for any info, Greg

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following. Haven't seen anyone do this swap successfully with full functionality since also need new control modules and sales code added to vin with pcm update.

rebelman

Reaction score
i bought mine from ebay... they came off a 2019 so i pulled the trigger.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any luck? I would suspect some of those plastic tabs in the door panel are on super snug.

rebelman

Reaction score
didnt try yet...looking to make this a weekend thing.. will get back with my results!

Lefman

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can just change just the mirror, as I hate the little magnified part. Tx for any info, Greg

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Is the tow mirrors bad I was thinking about swapping to tow mirrors?

rebelman

Reaction score
ok... swapped out mirrors over the weekend... wasnt hard at all.. again, the hardest part for me was removing the door panel because the tabs keep it pretty snug to the door. once you start to pop them off one by one it gets easier and your confidence starts to build... especially when you see that you're not breaking any tabs. once door panel was removed its a breeze. its as simple as disconnecting, unscrewing and repeating the process in reverse order in installing the mirrors. Again, for me, the hardest part was reinstalling the door panel. I was just afraid of breaking the tabs when popping it back into the metal. Only lost 1!!!. Not enough to make me crazy though.

Now i Have a set of 2019 Ram Tow mirrors for sale!!
1 month old rebel.
Comes with attached wiring.
250 shipped!

Attachments

• IMG_20181023_093335.jpg
    IMG_20181023_093335.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20181023_093342.jpg
    IMG_20181023_093342.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20181023_093347.jpg
    IMG_20181023_093347.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20181023_093414.jpg
    IMG_20181023_093414.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20181023_093426.jpg
    IMG_20181023_093426.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 102

bigblackbighorn

Reaction score
Rebelman.. looking to do the same as I don't need the tow mirrors and if I cant power fold them in, id rather they be smaller. However, my Ram is leased. I'm okay eating the $2XX for new ones. In your opinion is this swap easy enough that doing it again in 35 months wont be a huge hassle?

rebelman

Reaction score
yes. because second time around you'll know exactly hoe to do it and wont be afraid... Even doing the second mirror was a lot easier for me.. .

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes. because second time around you'll know exactly hoe to do it and wont be afraid... Even doing the second mirror was a lot easier for me.. .

Cool swap! Do you have full functionality of the mirrors and power folding?

Bellpa

Reaction score
Just to clarify, do the non-tow mirrors still have power and defrost functions? I'd prefer power folding, but my non-folding tow mirrors have already been hit on the driver's side and I have to manually fold them in every day. And any pics of the mirrors you installed OP?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to clarify, do the non-tow mirrors still have power and defrost functions? I'd prefer power folding, but my non-folding tow mirrors have already been hit on the driver's side and I have to manually fold them in every day. And any pics of the mirrors you installed OP?

I hope he replies back. Would be awesome if it everything works. So far I have not seen anyone successfully get any functionality beyond just moving the glass mirrors. Fully functional swap requires new control modules and door switch plus adding the sales code to the VIN and pcm update. No one has had success in getting the dealer to get approval from FCA for the sales code and pcm update.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I have blind spot monitoring, if you switch them out you lose that functionality as well. I actually enjoy the tow mirrors, I don't flip them up though

Users who are viewing this thread