5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help deciding on Laramie Night edition.

justinw89

Reaction score
So I have a 2021 Laramie 1500 37k miles Bright White southwest edition with color matching bumpers and grill. Carmax offered me $43,600 and I owe $36,800. This is just the first part of the order. Ram is doing 10% off MSRP on top of the dealer discount. My first dilemma is do I go full black as far as a color or do I stick to bright white or maybe go ivory. Friends have told me to go black since I already have a white one. But the contrast of the white and black I do like. Then my second is that it seems crazy that the digital dash is only a $250 option and yet nobody in Houston has them but one dealer. The problem with that is then it’s missing the Pano roof which I have had on my 19 and 21 Laramie’s and do prefer it. Also the one with digital dash has normal set running boards and not power running boards which I prefer power. I wish I could build one but that offer on my current truck staying where it is waiting 3-4 months is a huge gamble. I will also miss my 33 gallon gas tank I have right now but I have a level 1 equipment and the new one is level 2 so I’m gaining other stuff as well as a 3.92. If you can’t tell I get bored of my Trucks quick but not to where I want to leave Ram. I test drove a Sierra today and wasn’t a fan. But mainly the help I need is white, Ivory white, or black night edition.

7199f7be297a682c38142c5dbdc64ccd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If I lived in the South I would go with Ivory. I almost went with that but here in Ohio, in the Winter the Ivory looked the same as plain white with frost and/or road grime. Ivory Night edition would look good imo. It sounds like you don't really want to take a step back in options, and odds are that your Southwest isn't going to lose much value, especially if it is a non-etorque hemi.

U

User_3336

I see over $1600 of your deal eat up in "dealer add-ons". Dealers give greater "dealer" discounts, they they absorb it back in b/s add-ons.

And why are you asking friends what you should go with in color? you need to get WHAT YOU LIKE!

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If color were the only issue IMO the black night edition is too much black. I like the contrast of another color with the black accents. I have a GC night edition, but my 2nd choice was ivory white night edition.

Ramerod24

Reaction score
I had a black car and am very anal about cleanliness. My wifes car is white and makes keeping it clean effortless unless it's bug season. I would never do black again, I could see every scratch and swirl mark.

justinw89

Reaction score
If I lived in the South I would go with Ivory. I almost went with that but here in Ohio, in the Winter the Ivory looked the same as plain white with frost and/or road grime. Ivory Night edition would look good imo. It sounds like you don't really want to take a step back in options, and odds are that your Southwest isn't going to lose much value, especially if it is a non-etorque hemi.

Ya it’s a non-etorque

justinw89

Reaction score
I see over $1600 of your deal eat up in "dealer add-ons". Dealers give greater "dealer" discounts, they they absorb it back in b/s add-ons.

And why are you asking friends what you should go with in color? you need to get WHAT YOU LIKE!

This was the first offer. I haven’t even went in to negotiate anything yet. I asked friends and here because I’m 50/50 on what I want. I like both.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I have a black night edition Laramie.. when it’s clean it looks awesome, but that only lasts about a day or so and I have ceramic job on the car. The swirls are soo noticeable from the car wash and I only bring it there maybe 2-3 times a year. I wouldn’t go black again. White with night edition looks damn good, but so does the grey imo

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a black night edition Laramie.. when it’s clean it looks awesome, but that only lasts about a day or so and I have ceramic job on the car. The swirls are soo noticeable from the car wash and I only bring it there maybe 2-3 times a year. I wouldn’t go black again. White with night edition looks damn good, but so does the grey imo
Crystal granite night edition (y), but silver if swirls are the concern IMO.

U

User_3336

I hated the Patriot Blue Pearl color after a while. It was hot as ****, and almost like a black, impossible to keep clean.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would order the exact truck you want and lock in the rebate for May. It is a gamble but most trucks seem to be getting built in 2-3 mo the or even faster. In the meantime if you find it on a lot you can snatch it up.

justinw89

Reaction score
I would order the exact truck you want and lock in the rebate for May. It is a gamble but most trucks seem to be getting built in 2-3 mo the or even faster. In the meantime if you find it on a lot you can snatch it up.

Problem is gambling on my trade in value waiting 2-3 months.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Problem is gambling on my trade in value waiting 2-3 months.

You’re super close to Mark Dodge, and I think they’re still offering 23% off sticker on Laramie. That’s an additional $1,900 off, plus you wouldn’t pay the $1,600 in dealer add-one. That $3,500 might make the gamble worth it.

And of course, you’d get the exact truck you want.

John Galt

Reaction score
cant get a Laramie with a V8 right now so 23% off is for V6 Laramies only. If he’s looking at 3.92 gears he’s looking for a V8.

justinw89

Reaction score
Upkeep on black paint = a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

True I had a black vehicle once and said I wouldn’t do it again. But I do really like the black and the longest I’ve kept a vehicle from the first one I bought when I was 23 now I’m 33 was 2 1/2 years which was my 2017 Silverado LT.

GM26J

Reaction score
I have a '21 white Night Edition w/ORP (Laramie) and I'm very pleased with the look. Had to get black lugnuts and put some black plasti dip on the bolts for the Back Rack I installed, but I think the look is perfect. And in New England, not only does white not show the dirt too badly, it doesn't show the salt which really helps.

justinw89

Reaction score
Ended up with the black. I really liked the Ivory also but I wanted something different. Pictured my trade in 21 southwest edition to my new 23 Night edition. Paid $54k. Equipment level 2, pano roof, 3.92 gear ratio, and power running boards.

5e8687af5f131a80a6bb94da5f0e4957.jpg

U

User_3336

Now starts the laborious task of keeping that Night clean! :->

I hope you didn't let them soak you on all those "add-on" packages.

justinw89

Reaction score
Now starts the laborious task of keeping that Night clean! :->

I hope you didn't let them soak you on all those "add-on" packages.

I only got Gap and tire and wheel. My insurance went down $40 a month some how so that will pay for a wash subscription lol.

Users who are viewing this thread