5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help deciding on Laramie Night edition.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
cant get a Laramie with a V8 right now so 23% off is for V6 Laramies only. If he’s looking at 3.92 gears he’s looking for a V8.
I think you can still get the GT package and that forces a v8 with eTorque.
Weird thing the way some Ram packages are done.

John Galt

Reaction score
I think you can still get the GT package and that forces a v8 with eTorque.
Weird thing the way some Ram packages are done.
Yeah but then you have that goofy console shifter.

:D

will the dealer order it? Just because it’s on the configurator doesn’t mean it’s a valid config.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

will the dealer order it? Just because it’s on the configurator doesn’t mean it’s a valid config.
What is goofy about it?

John Galt

Reaction score
What is goofy about it?
It’s just a big digital switch. It’s not actually connected to the transmission, it takes up room in the console, and it’s still just a glorified button. Truck with a sports car e-shifter…..just seems silly. At least it’s not motorized and folds down like the Ford one I guess to emphasize how pointless it Is.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s just a big digital switch. It’s not actually connected to the transmission, it takes up room in the console, and it’s still just a glorified button. Truck with a sports car e-shifter…..just seems silly. At least it’s not motorized and folds down like the Ford one I guess to emphasize how pointless it Is.
I disagree that it is pointless. Much like an accelerator pedal that isn't mechanically connected to a throttle body, it still performs the function it is designated to do. If I drop my "shifter" into 1st and don't "shift", it will stay in first. I enjoy shifting, whether in an actual manual transmission vehicle, or in one that is all electronic.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

It was already posted it's still a valid package so yes should still be able to get ordered.
When I was looking at a Laramie 3.92s was not offered but GT package was which forced the 3.92. Same thing as the v8 not getting offered.

Users who are viewing this thread