5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need carpeted floor mats - Lloyd's?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a '21 Rebel that comes with the Mopar All-weather mats. These mats cover so much of the carpeting that I feel like I have an early '80's truck with the rubber floor liners! Since the majority of my driving will be on the road, and not off road, I'd like to get some carpeted floor mats.

I was originally asking if anybody has pics of the factory floor mats in the truck, but so many people said the factory mats barely covered the floor. Lloyd's website states that their floor mats are oversized and cover more of the floor. Their website shows stock photos of different trucks, but none are 5th gen Rams. I contacted them two weeks ago asking for details, but they never responded.

Does anybody have interior photos of Lloyd's mats, showing the coverage, and also access to Ram Bins? I appreciate anybody showing photos. Thanks.

AxileAspen

Reaction score
I have a '21 Rebel that comes with the Mopar All-weather mats. These mats cover so much of the carpeting that I feel like I have an early '80's truck with the rubber floor liners! Since the majority of my driving will be on the road, and not off road, I'd like to get some carpeted floor mats.

I was originally asking if anybody has pics of the factory floor mats in the truck, but so many people said the factory mats barely covered the floor. Lloyd's website states that their floor mats are oversized and cover more of the floor. Their website shows stock photos of different trucks, but none are 5th gen Rams. I contacted them two weeks ago asking for details, but they never responded.

Does anybody have interior photos of Lloyd's mats, showing the coverage, and also access to Ram Bins? I appreciate anybody showing photos. Thanks.
I don't have Lloyd mats now, but I had a set in my old Charger. They had very good floor coverage and were very good quality. I am definitely tempted to get a set for my Ram depending on how I like the Limited floor mats over time.

johncode

Reaction score

I’ll get some Berber ones in next week ( depending on the weather). They have the Rebel embroidery too. Shoot me a pm if I forget to post pics.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I haven’t thought about Lloyd’s mats in years; I had them (and really liked them) in my old Vette.

Interested to hear your review if you try them in your Ram.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spoke with a Lloyd's rep today and he shared some designs that they have for the Ram (attached below). He said they don't appear to have rear mats that support the Ram Bins. I sent him pictures of the factory mat so he could see how they design around the bin, and how the lockdowns aren't at the door edge.

I also told him that the factory front driver mat doesn't cover under the gas pedal, but the all weather ones do. He said that they can't legally put carpeted mats under the gas pedal due to the gas pedal getting hung up on bunched mats. Isn't that the purpose of the floor mat lockdowns?

I may need to find an interior upholstery shop to create the mats for me.

Other than Lloyd's, are there any other companies worth looking into? It seems everybody is making the all weather mats and nobody wants carpet anymore.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 7.58.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 7.58.44 PM.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 7.59.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 7.59.06 PM.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

johncode

Reaction score
I spoke with a Lloyd's rep today and he shared some designs that they have for the Ram (attached below). He said they don't appear to have rear mats that support the Ram Bins. I sent him pictures of the factory mat so he could see how they design around the bin, and how the lockdowns aren't at the door edge.

I also told him that the factory front driver mat doesn't cover under the gas pedal, but the all weather ones do. He said that they can't legally put carpeted mats under the gas pedal due to the gas pedal getting hung up on bunched mats. Isn't that the purpose of the floor mat lockdowns?

I may need to find an interior upholstery shop to create the mats for me.

Other than Lloyd's, are there any other companies worth looking into? It seems everybody is making the all weather mats and nobody wants carpet anymore.
Hmmm. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow or Monday how the back fits. I think I ordered the wrong rear mat. I was thinking that flip up thing was the storage they were talking about.

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had got some samples from lloyds because I wanted to replace my limited mats. Trying to find a good navy blue that’s close to the blue carpet in the indigo/tan interior wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be

Hogzfan

Reaction score
Like others, I don't have them in my Ram, but have a set in my wifes's car. She wanted brown to match the carpet, and there weren't many options. I was surprised at the quality, very good stuff. Great fit (larger than oem) and materials. They have held up well for four years now. I would buy them again.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow or Monday how the back fits. I think I ordered the wrong rear mat. I was thinking that flip up thing was the storage they were talking about.
Please post photos of both the front and rear. I'm ok covering the Ram Bins because I have tow straps and tie down straps in them. They aren't used often enough for me to care, so what Lloyd's offers might be sufficient. My only concern is the lack of coverage the factory front mats provide. I'm hopeful that the Lloyd's mats fully cover the floor where you put your feet on both the driver and passenger sides.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Never thought of using Lloyds as they provide no real protection against spills, snow, mud, etc. They are very nice mats and look solid...they just don't truly protect anything IMPO. If you don't like the look of the WeatherTech or Husky mats, I understand. But, they do provide AWESOME protection to the interior carpet of any vehicle.

johncode

Reaction score
Please post photos of both the front and rear. I'm ok covering the Ram Bins because I have tow straps and tie down straps in them. They aren't used often enough for me to care, so what Lloyd's offers might be sufficient. My only concern is the lack of coverage the factory front mats provide. I'm hopeful that the Lloyd's mats fully cover the floor where you put your feet on both the driver and passenger sides.
Will do. Should come in tomorrow or Monday. It looks like I do have the under the seat thing, it’s just folded back. Glad I ordered the right ones. I was thinking the bins were an extra under seat thing. I call the bins the floor storage deals lol

johncode

Reaction score
Never thought of using Lloyds as they provide no real protection against spills, snow, mud, etc. They are very nice mats and look solid...they just don't truly protect anything IMPO. If you don't like the look of the WeatherTech or Husky mats, I understand. But, they do provide AWESOME protection to the interior carpet of any vehicle.
I just don’t like the entry lip. Seems to knock off dirt to be deposited on the carpet.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just don’t like the entry lip. Seems to knock off dirt to be deposited on the carpet.
Can't say I've ever had that issue on any vehicle I've ever owned and I have been buying WT mats for over 10 years, but if you experienced that in the past...OK.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't need the protection against spills, mud, snow, etc. I live in Florida, so snow isn't an issue, I don't go mudding, so mud shouldn't be an issue, and spills is a non issue because I've never spilled a drink in my cars in 35 years of driving. I like the luxury feel of carpet over the industrial feel of the rubber mats.

Attached is the interior of my '06 Silverado in 2017 with 165k miles. I didn't like the "Catch-All" mats compared to the factory Tahoe mats that I had previously. I had 2 sets of Tahoe mats in 11 years and these mats were in less than 1 year. The rear always had Tahoe mats.

Attachments

• 20170811_192207.jpg
    20170811_192207.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20170811_192233.jpg
    20170811_192233.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 71

johncode

Reaction score
I don't need the protection against spills, mud, snow, etc. I live in Florida, so snow isn't an issue, I don't go mudding, so mud shouldn't be an issue, and spills is a non issue because I've never spilled a drink in my cars in 35 years of driving. I like the luxury feel of carpet over the industrial feel of the rubber mats.

Attached is the interior of my '06 Silverado in 2017 with 165k miles. I didn't like the "Catch-All" mats compared to the factory Tahoe mats that I had previously. I had 2 sets of Tahoe mats in 11 years and these mats were in less than 1 year. The rear always had Tahoe
Can't say I've ever had that issue on any vehicle I've ever owned and I have been buying WT mats for over 10 years, but if you experienced that in the past...OK.
25 years driving full size trucks and never had any issue with carpet mats. Just vacuum and go. 2 rubber sets were just always dirty looking or caught on something.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I just placed an order for some CoverKing floor mats from RealTruck. Once I get them, I'll post pics for others to see how they fit.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Not that this has anything to do with the thread, I've had issues with WT mats curling up right at the threshold. And dragging your foot across it knocked dirt/mud onto the carpet at the edge of the threshold. On two different 4th gen Ram trucks. Just like johncode mentioned. That's the reason I've stopped buying WT. And I used to swear by them.

I'd be interested in some quality carpet floor mats if anyone finds any. I love the all-weather floor mats, but I don't need them year-round.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The CoverKing mats are built to order, so I'll post pics when I get mine in. They state it could be two weeks.

I've seen pictures of the Weather Tech mats that warp and curl up on the edges. The Ram all weather mats have strong, firm edges, so I don't see that happening with the factory ones. I just don't need them year round either. The factory mats show scuffs and marks from just using them, so no matter how clean you get the truck, the floor mats still look abused.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The CoverKing mats are built to order, so I'll post pics when I get mine in. They state it could be two weeks.

I've seen pictures of the Weather Tech mats that warp and curl up on the edges. The Ram all weather mats have strong, firm edges, so I don't see that happening with the factory ones. I just don't need them year round either. The factory mats show scuffs and marks from just using them, so no matter how clean you get the truck, the floor mats still look abused.
I have been using WT mats for close to 15 years and NEVER had a mat curl or any issues whatsoever on well over 20 different cars/trucks. Interesting to hear that some have had this experience. The first thing I order before I even have my new vehicle are WT mats without hesitation. To each their own my friends.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of these.

imag1085-jpg.714915

imag1081-jpg.714912

img_0919_ac9a06944907ddf1e41982c23377ac11e3feb43b.jpg

img_20150724_104503_74a6100bb5aa62b4a8404bd376a4440538743587.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread