5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Advice ASAP.. Deal on the table

Tundralag

Reaction score
I have a great deal waiting on a 2019 Longhorn 4x4 full loaded..
My issue is it was built on 10/18 only has 4 miles on it.. dealer is going to fix every TSB and flash everything up to date before the sale..

Does that build date scare any of you?? Early production?? lots of problems?? or Screw it go for it..
Bottom line the MSRP is 63k and change and they are selling it out the door 45k Not to mention free delivery,,,

Thoughts.. Should I buy or pass based on build date

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My issue is it was built on 10/18 only has 4 miles on it.. dealer is going to fix every TSB and flash everything up to date before the sale..

Does that build date scare any of you?? Early production?? lots of problems?? or Screw it go for it..
Bottom line the MSRP is 63k and change and they are selling it out the door 45k Not to mention free delivery,,,

That's a good price. My Longhorn with a build date of 9/18 listed for right at $63k and I paid $52k.

Check the AC and make sure it blows cold air out of the center vents. I use an old school HVAC thermometer that I slide and clip into the vent. Lots of us have trucks that will only get approximately 52-53 degrees out of the center, drivers side vent and a bit colder out of the center, passenger side vent. And many of us have resorted to clamping the "out" heater core hose shut to get decent cold air. With mine clamped, I get about 45 - 46 degrees out of the center, drivers side vent. This is tolerable but it's a shame that we have to jerry rig a solution to get cold AC. There are several threads on here about the problem and the self-help fix. Good luck.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
If you have not already, check out this thread on the deals that have been made in different locations:

This can give you an idea as to the "good deals" going on...long thread---even if you look at the last 2-3 pages worth of comments that should help you out a bit to see where you are at with that deal.

Vic

Reaction score
That was my build date -- no real issues with it. Other than the TSBs.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The build date is fine. That's probably why the dealer wants to sell it. As long as it's equipped the way you want it (i.e. infamous tow mirrors?!) and has its required updates, you're good. If it has the H/K sound system, you'll probably want that amp TSB applied. If you don't know what I mean by the tow mirrors comment, you'll want to do some research. Good luck on it!

Tundralag

Reaction score
No tow mirrors. Does have H/K. Will try to see tsb dealer said all tsb’s were done Had it in service today to make there’s no new flashes before it leaves

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good job on the deal. As a person who is approaching their full year of ownership in a few weeks, I sometimes wonder if the early build guys were the lucky ones. Ram had their suppliers and parts in place at initial release. I think they got overwhelmed trying to meet demand, bringing in different suppliers and also rushing assembly trying to get completed trucks out the door as demonstrated by people getting non-matching items in their interiors. How could you possibly let that go?.....Unless of course you'd do anything to meet the quota or demand.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good job on the deal. As a person who is approaching their full year of ownership in a few weeks, I sometimes wonder if the early build guys were the lucky ones. Ram had their suppliers and parts in place at initial release. I think they got overwhelmed trying to meet demand, bringing in different suppliers and also rushing assembly trying to get completed trucks out the door as demonstrated by people getting non-matching items in their interiors. How could you possibly let that go?.....Unless of course you'd do anything to meet the quota or demand.
I tend to agree with you. Mine was built on 5/21/18 and I have not had any serious issues compared to a lot of folks on here, i.e. squeaky brakes, front end clunks, no squeaks, rattles, leaks, etc. My truck is tight as a drum and runs great.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. Keep us posted on how you like it and any mods you do.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I would have leaned towards no. Mostly since it has been sitting around somewhere for 7 months... The fact that it has low miles helps for sure. The deal is great, but similar deals have been had for models built in the last few months. Im sure it will all work out for you, good luck!

Vespid

Reaction score
Make sure there are no cops following the delivery truck because you stole that RAM! Mine is a Longhorn as well, 9-18 build, no issues other than the rear wheel brake squeal and the dislodged pano roof drain at the rear passenger side cab, which were easily fixed. I love the truck. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread