5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a tune suggestion 2022 Laramie GT

Cda3488

Reaction score
I’m looking for a tune for my GT 2022, any suggestions?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you plan on doing that on a 2022?
I don't plan on doing it yet but HP is able to unlock the TRX PCM so the rest of DT line isn't going to be far behind, if they aren't able to already. Also, I'm sure there are other people/places that can unlock them already. So that would how I would do it.
Just checked Diablo to and they're offering their kit with PCM for the '22s

blue_by_you

Reaction score
unless you are adding forced induction, the $ is not worth the reward.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked a few weeks ago and nothing for 22s yet. :(
If you haven't, I'd reach out to them directly...websites might not be updated. From what I recall there isn't a difference in the PCM between 21 and 22. They might just need to verify, if that's the case, see if they'll cut you a deal to send yours in.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
unless you are adding forced induction, the $ is not worth the reward.
Agreed, it'll be a better tune for your particular truck but it is a good chunk of change so the benefits may not outweigh the costs. I might just get a pulsar so I can get rid of MDS.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't plan on doing it yet but HP is able to unlock the TRX PCM so the rest of DT line isn't going to be far behind, if they aren't able to already. Also, I'm sure there are other people/places that can unlock them already. So that would how I would do it.
Just checked Diablo to and they're offering their kit with PCM for the '22s
I checked with Diablo and they said they are not offering their kits for the 22s yet.
When I asked when they declined to give an ETA.
I just ordered a Pulsar yesterday.

I just checked the website again today and now it's showing they are doing PCM swaps, pretty crappy of them to not give me an ETA and make me buy a product I don't want to begin with, I would much rather tune the truck then just use some in-line Pulsar unit, in fact I already own an unlocked I3 with an extra license for the truck.

I guess I will be calling them again today to say wtf.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Diablospot a minute ago.

Turns out the 22s are NOT supported yet.
He spoke with the guy in his shop who responded with "I have 22 ECM sitting on the test bench being worked on right now"
Guess the website people jumped the gun and added the extra pages.

They expect next week to finish the modding process and then support the 22s.

You can send in your PCM and pay $200 + shipping and they will mod it and return.
He said currently they have no units to do like a cross ship and send you a used modded unit and hes not sure if they will get any soon because it is so new and as of today not even supported.
He also said they will likely be doing the tuner\ECM swap package soon like on their website but as I already own an i3 I just need a swap.

As far as the people above saying a tune doesn't matter and isn't worth the money they are crazy. Putting a tune on even stock in the tuner or a custom is always going to be worth the money for people like me who want to change a bunch of stuff and have control over their vehicle such as removing the speed limiter, turning off MDS, and disabling start-stop on etorque.

It's an easy choice for me because it's only going to be around $230 to get a tune on the truck.
I'm going to try the regular 93 tune that comes with the unit and then likely find someone who can do a custom tune and see if it makes any difference hopefully it only costs under $100 to find someone to do a custom tune over the internet.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Jay Greene was who I talked to and he said 22's weren't available yet.
I just looked at his pricing and it's super expense. "$350 for a stock or bolt on vehicle".
I know sometimes you get what you pay for but ive generally gotten tunes for $75-175. Are Rams that much harder to tune vs other manufacturers?
Do we have any people who tune these who are active on the forums?

Clv22p

Reaction score
He does transmission tuning with it.

I think I've read something about Speed Density or something that makes things more difficult. 🤷‍♂️

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
He does transmission tuning with it.

I think I've read something about Speed Density or something that makes things more difficult. 🤷‍♂️
Gotcha.
Yeah the tunes ive paid for int he past are 2 different tunes, ECM and TCM, engine and transmission.

ndaniels

Reaction score
Came here to read up a bit on this subject..

I just purchased a 22 and had long terms plans for a set of catted longtubes, intake swap, and a drop in cam. I know ecm has to be unlocked but beyond that I figured tuning would be no problem… sounds like could be a problem :(

ndaniels

Reaction score
Awesome! I just messaged Ryan about it today- don’t know of any Hemi guys up my direction (Ohio). Haven’t had a gas powered truck for so long, I’ve got alot of catching up to do on em.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Jay Greene has told me he can do it with HP Tuners. But no PCMs to swap so you have to send yours in to be unlocked.

He is closed until Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread