5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need 2 testers!

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I think most of us on here have changed our own oil for the most part and know the problem with the oil draining over the steering. I have made a solution to this hopefully and would like 2 people to test this out on their next oil change and give me honest feedback. If 2 people will send me their address, I would like to send 1 of these for testing. I am new to 3D printing and this is my first go round with building something from the ground up. Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• Drain 1.jpg
    Drain 1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Drain 2.jpg
    Drain 2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Drain 3.jpg
    Drain 3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 154
  • Drain 4.jpg
    Drain 4.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 157

raygun9

Reaction score
Pm'ed

Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Looks good man...I assume that is an FDM printer and not a UV resin based on the size. If you start producing these more frequently insure that the material is not going to be compromised by the oil. A lot of the prosumer material is not compatible with repeated petrochemical exposure.

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Nice! I usually wrap a piece of tinfoil over cardboard and "make" a ramp each time but this would be nice to have. A permanent tool.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks a little tight. Is the filter able to be completely unscrewed with it in place? wonder how it would work with the larger SRT filter I use

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Cool to see people can just 3d print innovative things these days.
Looks to be a little short for the scoop, maybe a little longer or even better able to connect a piece of tubing and throw a clamp gently over it like a funnel.

Looks a little tight. Is the filter able to be completely unscrewed with it in place? wonder how it would work with the larger SRT filter I use
I just got my oil udder XXL in today, it fits the SRT filter on the truck currently (very tight on the side between the lines), i'm not due for a change for a while so I don't know how well it will work.
Doesn't look like this leaves enough space to be unscrewed completely with this under it.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cover it with a silicone baking mat I stole from the kitchen. Wife is still looking for it.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I have the K & N filter on there which has a "Nut" at the bottom to make it easier to loosen, so it may be tighter on mine.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Cool to see people can just 3d print innovative things these days.
Looks to be a little short for the scoop, maybe a little longer or even better able to connect a piece of tubing and throw a clamp gently over it like a funnel.

I just got my oil udder XXL in today, it fits the SRT filter on the truck currently (very tight on the side between the lines), i'm not due for a change for a while so I don't know how well it will work.
Doesn't look like this leaves enough space to be unscrewed completely with this under it.
I added a bit of length on the testers I sent out.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Looks good man...I assume that is an FDM printer and not a UV resin based on the size. If you start producing these more frequently insure that the material is not going to be compromised by the oil. A lot of the prosumer material is not compatible with repeated petrochemical exposure.
I am using PLA on a Longer K5 Pro. First printer and first project I built from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread