5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Voice Search

smiles5619

Reaction score
Same issue. Truck is a week old and although the NAV look is amazing, it's functionality is horrid. The voice button is greyed out like others on here. In addition, I was trying to find a hospital using the voice button on the steering wheel. It couldn't recognize or find the hospital! I ended up having to use my Andriod NAV through my phone.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
still an issue. I picked up my truck on Friday and have full internet access and the microphone is still greyed out showing that it's not working. The signal strength bars to the left show four bars but a no sign above it kind of like to do not enter symbol circle with a line through it. Unfortunately you're unable to do voice searches on here which is something that's been very simple and common place on phones for years now.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a similar note does anyone know how on the 12 and screen to scroll through your pre selected favorite stations other than touching them on the actual touch screen. Usually there's a button on the steering wheel that allows you to cycle through your preselective favorites. I tried all the buttons on the wheel but nothing seems to do it. That's pretty odd anyone ever able to scroll through their pre-selected stations

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Dealer told me fca is planning to do a software update coming quarter... we’ll see, my guess if they stick to their promise it will be June 30th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neokane

Reaction score
On a similar note does anyone know how on the 12 and screen to scroll through your pre selected favorite stations other than touching them on the actual touch screen. Usually there's a button on the steering wheel that allows you to cycle through your preselective favorites. I tried all the buttons on the wheel but nothing seems to do it. That's pretty odd anyone ever able to scroll through their pre-selected stations

Left side, middle button on the back of the steering wheel.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Left side, middle button on the back of the steering wheel.
What do you mean Left side, middle button on the back of the steering wheel? The buttons on the back of the wheel only rock up and down. Is there a middle button? Never tried to push the middle. Will try after work, but I think I would have already tried that.

Neokane

Reaction score
What do you mean Left side, middle button on the back of the steering wheel? The buttons on the back of the wheel only rock up and down. Is there a middle button? Never tried to push the middle. Will try after work, but I think I would have already tried that.

Yep, little button in between the rocker switch.
On the right side, the middle button switches audip source ;)

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, little button in between the rocker switch.
On the right side, the middle button switches audip source ;)
Sweet! Learned something new. This truck has so much! Hey, what does the button on the roof console with the car and door open symbol do? Is it for Entry/Exit seat movement? I think I saw that on the Uconnect or dash, and would find it weird to again be a physical button, and on the top. Do you know what it does?

Neokane

Reaction score
I believe that is to turn on/off the lights when you open a door.

DTenGil

Reaction score
Dealer told me fca is planning to do a software update coming quarter... we’ll see, my guess if they stick to their promise it will be June 30th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guess this never happened? Do i need to bring it in to get it patched?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the search function on the navigation. Let's assume I am driving. I have attached a couple pictures showing the navigation and search screens. in the 2nd and 3rd photos there is a microphone (i highlighted with a white arrow). It is hard to tell but it is not lit up, meaning, when you press it nothing happens. It is never "lit"up. This would be very convenient to press and use voice to search possibly. Does anyone have this working on theirs? Why is that microphone there if it does not work? The voice navigation commands that you can access and start from the steering wheel are tedious and don't work well at well. Very disappointed in this system so far, lots of glitches in other functions as well View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 . I thought it would be better than my 2015 Ford navigation with voice and it is not. Google maps using your voice works very well. Why can't these guys get this stuff to work that well?
Agree the voice function is terrible, I was saying Iowa state penitentiary, and was would not give up was taking me to the pantry in some other state, finally gave up and got it in my phone, tried a dozen times😩

LV426

Reaction score
So since there are about about 3 active threads regarding this same topic, any chance some from @RamCares could possibly chime in and supply some answers or at least look into it?

2020RAM2500$$

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the search function on the navigation. Let's assume I am driving. I have attached a couple pictures showing the navigation and search screens. in the 2nd and 3rd photos there is a microphone (i highlighted with a white arrow). It is hard to tell but it is not lit up, meaning, when you press it nothing happens. It is never "lit"up. This would be very convenient to press and use voice to search possibly. Does anyone have this working on theirs? Why is that microphone there if it does not work? The voice navigation commands that you can access and start from the steering wheel are tedious and don't work well at well. Very disappointed in this system so far, lots of glitches in other functions as well View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 . I thought it would be better than my 2015 Ford navigation with voice and it is not. Google maps using your voice works very well. Why can't these guys get this stuff to work that well?

Ok I registered just to give you a heads up on this issue. I bought my truck July 2020 and for about a year i had the microphone icon lit and was fine using it. One day it quit working but i wasnt sure if it was because of some equipment i installed (I had to pull the cables of the battery) or because my Sirius XM subscription had expired. I looked and looked online for an answer and I have finally figured it out. Its the Sirius Guardian subscription. I renewed it today for about 14 bucks and got it going back on the Uconnect, the microphone icon came back up and I even gave it a command and worked perfectly. Hope this helps.

Baileycom

Reaction score
So you're saying the only way to use the onboard nav is to have the Guardian subscription? That is some b.s.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
So you're saying the only way to use the onboard nav is to have the Guardian subscription? That is some b.s.
No he’s not saying that at all. He’s stating he can’t use the live search feature without having the Guardian subscription. Totally different things.

LV426

Reaction score
Can confirm (again), I decided to call Sirius yesterday and see what kind of deal I could get for the Sirius Guardian service and after some back and forth they finally tell me there is a 6 month plan for $60, Convenience + Security package so I agreed to that.
Voice search (mic icon) is back and the cell signal bars say 4G instead of the "no" icon.

Users who are viewing this thread