5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Voice Search

pjameven

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the search function on the navigation. Let's assume I am driving. I have attached a couple pictures showing the navigation and search screens. in the 2nd and 3rd photos there is a microphone (i highlighted with a white arrow). It is hard to tell but it is not lit up, meaning, when you press it nothing happens. It is never "lit"up. This would be very convenient to press and use voice to search possibly. Does anyone have this working on theirs? Why is that microphone there if it does not work? The voice navigation commands that you can access and start from the steering wheel are tedious and don't work well at well. Very disappointed in this system so far, lots of glitches in other functions as well View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 . I thought it would be better than my 2015 Ford navigation with voice and it is not. Google maps using your voice works very well. Why can't these guys get this stuff to work that well?

Attachments

• 20181207_142042.jpg
    20181207_142042.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
  • Inked20181207_142136_LI.jpg
    Inked20181207_142136_LI.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 120
  • Inked20181207_142143_LI.jpg
    Inked20181207_142143_LI.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 120

pjameven

Reaction score
sorry for double posting the pics...not sure how to remove the duplicates

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I think this has to do with the NAV system not having access to the SiriusXM Guardian Internet Service. Probably same like not using online search for POI. Look to the left of the search field, there is a cell phone signal indicator which always shows full reception but the symbol right next to it indicate it has no access... I asked my dealer about it and they opened a case with Chrysler... The onboard POI date is incomplete and very dated so pretty useless...

pjameven

Reaction score

The first thread you indicated is just the voice command for navigation from the steering wheel...in the second there is one post where the poster indicates that when he presses the microphone, nothing happens. That is the issue i am talking about.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the search function on the navigation. Let's assume I am driving. I have attached a couple pictures showing the navigation and search screens. in the 2nd and 3rd photos there is a microphone (i highlighted with a white arrow). It is hard to tell but it is not lit up, meaning, when you press it nothing happens. It is never "lit"up. This would be very convenient to press and use voice to search possibly. Does anyone have this working on theirs? Why is that microphone there if it does not work? The voice navigation commands that you can access and start from the steering wheel are tedious and don't work well at well. Very disappointed in this system so far, lots of glitches in other functions as well View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 View attachment 10117 . I thought it would be better than my 2015 Ford navigation with voice and it is not. Google maps using your voice works very well. Why can't these guys get this stuff to work that well?
I was in my truck today and noticed the microphone you mention is also not highlighted in mine and it doesn't work. Any further info on why it doesn't work and allow voice searches?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Basically the nav is currently completely without any function other than displaying the map... I can enter addresses but does not find them send & go from the uconnect app does not work anymore since about a week and voice search has never worked for me... Seems to be all connected the system can't perform searches... I assume the voice search is based on a online system to interpret the spoken adress or poi and uconnect seems to have no internet access currently so the navy is a completely useless piece of **** and francly has been since I got the truck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Basically the nav is currently completely without any function other than displaying the map... I can enter addresses but does not find them send & go from the uconnect app does not work anymore since about a week and voice search has never worked for me... Seems to be all connected the system can't perform searches... I assume the voice search is based on a online system to interpret the spoken adress or poi and uconnect seems to have no internet access currently so the navy is a completely useless piece of **** and francly has been since I got the truck...

Yep.

Reaction score

Any updates? Mine has only worked using send and go from the app since new.

DWWillms

Reaction score
I actually asked the salesman about this today. He said that all of the 2019 Limited's that he has sold have been like this. He also said that his friends fathers 2019 Limited from another dealer has this issue. When I spoke with Ram Cares (I believe that's their name), they acted like they had never heard of this issue and told me to take it into the dealer.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
That’s what bothers me the most... it would be a total different ballgame if they’d say we know, we are sorry, we are working on it... expect something to be done by / update expected... have a bug fixing list somewhere where fca actually acknowledges the issues and commit to be working on it... I’m not even asking for a firm date to be solved by but some sort of sign they are working... they rather choose to make us believe they think we are stupid... no @RamCares send me a pm to refer you to the dealer is not caring...

Capt Joe

Reaction score
I don't get how this gets released like this...the connectivity, voice Nav, just the plain sloppiness...is not up to par with previous Uconnect systems.

Capt Joe

Reaction score
@RamCares should be all over this...

One of my main gripes with these issues is that at $66,000, I could have truely bought ANY pickup truck from ANY manufacturer. I get it a new 1st year model...I bought it expecting some tweaking....but flat out not working features that are subscription based is just making me bleed money

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares should be all over this...

One of my main gripes with these issues is that at $66,000, I could have truely bought ANY pickup truck from ANY manufacturer. I get it a new 1st year model...I bought it expecting some tweaking....but flat out not working features that are subscription based is just making me bleed money
They told me a few months back it's a known issue. Funny how now they deny knowledge. When the hell are they going to acknowledge it and come up with a fix?

Users who are viewing this thread