5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation "OFFLINE"

atfranklin

Reaction score
4 times yesterday I tried to use my Navigation and it could not find the address and an "OFFINE" memo popped up on the screen. I even tried turning the truck off and back on again.

Awood05

Reaction score
My wife’s and I trucks have the same issue (UC4). It appears to be related to the expiration of the Guardian subscription. If anyone has any fixes for this it would be very appreciated, by my family and the OP.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve never had a problem with mine finding an address and it’s always been offline . I didn’t activate Guardian when I purchased my truck so I’ve never had it online .

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just noticed this issue as well. My Guardian expired after 6 months, but I've never use the GPS. I used it once just to try it out, but I usually use Google maps with Android Auto.

So basically the built in GPS is now useless without Guardian subscription. This is BS.

RamCares

Reaction score
4 times yesterday I tried to use my Navigation and it could not find the address and an "OFFINE" memo popped up on the screen. I even tried turning the truck off and back on again.
Hello Atfranklin,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. If you're currently having issues with your truck, please send us a PM, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I just noticed this issue as well. My Guardian expired after 6 months, but I've never use the GPS. I used it once just to try it out, but I usually use Google maps with Android Auto.

So basically the built in GPS is now useless without Guardian subscription. This is BS.
It’s not useless . It has preloaded maps in it . It just won’t have the up to date maps until a map update comes out .

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s not useless . It has preloaded maps in it . It just won’t have the up to date maps until a map update comes out .
Really. It can't even find my address while I'm parked in my driveway. I spelled out my street, city, state and zip code.

I don't really care if it's out of date. But it can't find any address.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Really. It can't even find my address while I'm parked in my driveway. I spelled out my street, city, state and zip code.

I haven't had a problem with mine finding anything unless it's a new subdivision that's gone up in the past 4 years .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

A lot has to do with where you live and if they have updated for that area. Where my parents live in rural Nebraska's the only navigation option that can find my parents address is MapQuest. No factory built in navigation, Google, waze, apple.........can find it

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot has to do with where you live and if they have updated for that area. Where my parents live in rural Nebraska's the only navigation option that can find my parents address is MapQuest. No factory built in navigation, Google, waze, apple.........can find it
I haven't had a problem with mine finding anything unless it's a new subdivision that's gone up in the past 4 years .
Yeah I can understand those. But I live in Jersey City, right between Newark and Manhattan. It's as urban as it gets. There are no "new" streets around here.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Yeah I can understand those. But I live in Jersey City, right between Newark and Manhattan. It's as urban as it gets. There are no "new" streets around here.
Something is definitely not right with yours then . Do you type in the address or use voice command ?

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something is definitely not right with yours then . Do you type in the address or use voice command ?
I type it in. Full address. For example ... 1234 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Bayonne, NJ 07002

It'll show 'searching offline' and then 'no matches'.

Awood05

Reaction score
My truck also lost ONLINE searching after the Guardian Services expired.

Here is what I think I’ve figured out.

Since it is now “OFFLINE” you can no longer use the “Search” feature to route to an address.
You have to manually enter the address through the “Where To? -> Address“ Function.
C81B7844-4D6B-4091-B032-A18553AB7EB6.jpeg A9A0313C-E31B-458B-92CF-EB8C69D3AE2B.jpeg
It’s gets a bit complex from here because you may have to change the State if you are routing to an address in another state.
DD422B73-09F1-456C-8607-B71887DB5CB1.jpeg
And it wants you to enter the address in segments. Usually State/City first, then street name, then building number. It prompts you to enter the information it is looking for.
63F26D37-23F8-4775-9F89-97ECF5DB1E1A.jpeg

I hope this helps.

Limited2021

Reaction score
Mine recently started to do this as well. Will not find the address and the voice command microphone is shaded out. I will have to try Awood05's guide and see if that works for me. What a pain just to use navigation. I really liked having the voice command because most of the time I do not need the Navigation until I get closer to my destination and you can't use the keyboard function when in motion.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck also lost ONLINE searching after the Guardian Services expired.

Here is what I think I’ve figured out.

Since it is now “OFFLINE” you can no longer use the “Search” feature to route to an address.
You have to manually enter the address through the “Where To? -> Address“ Function.
View attachment 137163 View attachment 137164
It’s gets a bit complex from here because you may have to change the State if you are routing to an address in another state.
View attachment 137165
And it wants you to enter the address in segments. Usually State/City first, then street name, then building number. It prompts you to enter the information it is looking for.
View attachment 137166

I hope this helps.
Nice! Thanks for tip. I was just using the top Search function :cool:
Just the tip :ROFLMAO:

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Awood05 ... thanks again for the tip. I just confirmed it yesterday that it's working.

FYI, my SiriusXM Travel Link and Traffic Plus are still active. It's a 5yr trial subscription. So I'm still getting traffic data when I'm using navigation. It's only GuardinaXM subscription that I didn't renew. I did renew my SiriusXM radio subscription for $7.75/mo.

Attachments

• Sxm.jpg
    Sxm.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 7

Awood05

Reaction score
@Awood05 ... thanks again for the tip. I just confirmed it yesterday that it's working.

FYI, my SiriusXM Travel Link and Traffic Plus are still active. It's a 5yr trial subscription. So I'm still getting traffic data when I'm using navigation. It's only GuardinaXM subscription that I didn't renew. I did renew my SiriusXM radio subscription for $7.75/mo.
Great to hear! Glad I could help.

Users who are viewing this thread