5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation / map data missing lots of roads and intersection changes

GoMMeR

Reaction score
Just curious if this is specific to the area I live in Northwest Arkansas -- or a nationwide problem... but I've found my navigation on my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie is missing a lot of roads. Some of them have been in place for nearly a decade. Tons of side streets and neighborhoods that have been around quite a while -- not an empty lot in the subdivision and it's just a field on the map. An *INTERSTATE*, not there at all. Lots of intersections that have been turned into round-abouts don't display correctly.

I was shocked, my mother has a 2017 Subaru with nav and it has all of these roads but my 2020 Ram -- nope. Blows my mind. I checked with the dealer and they said there's no update and that it's a complaint they hear often. Their suggestion was to use a separate mapping software on my phone and use carplay.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has been said elsewhere...maps on our rams are already 2-3 years old and it's expensive to update them apparently.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

karcherd

Reaction score
Just curious if this is specific to the area I live in Northwest Arkansas -- or a nationwide problem... but I've found my navigation on my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie is missing a lot of roads. Some of them have been in place for nearly a decade. Tons of side streets and neighborhoods that have been around quite a while -- not an empty lot in the subdivision and it's just a field on the map. An *INTERSTATE*, not there at all. Lots of intersections that have been turned into round-abouts don't display correctly.

I was shocked, my mother has a 2017 Subaru with nav and it has all of these roads but my 2020 Ram -- nope. Blows my mind. I checked with the dealer and they said there's no update and that it's a complaint they hear often. Their suggestion was to use a separate mapping software on my phone and use carplay.
GoMMeR, I live in Fayetteville and have the same issue. To make matters worse, Carplay stopped working for me (2019 1500 Limited) so I'm down to using the nav on my phone screen. Hopefully your Carplay app works consistently. Let us know if find info on updating the factory Nav system. Otherwise I'm loving the truck, but for the price tag and other amenities, we should have a reliable navigation system.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah $800 for 8.4 Nav and it is pathetic. I was just at the dealership 2 weeks ago as 1 1/2 years of data was wiped out in June in addition to putting me on local roads instead of the highway. Result - nothing, nada, zip, zero - radio has the latest software which I believe it is the original with purchase of the Ram.
Yeah I carry my Garmin motorcycle nav with me or use waze if my bride (married 32 years) is with me.

You do get a better looking bezel in my opinion. I mean it could be worse in that I got a bezel that I liked less. Need to find something ++++.

My best hope is the nav wipes out again and stays wiped out in which case I will pursue a new radio.

Users who are viewing this thread