5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navagation GPS doesn't know where I am

sylvan oaks

Reaction score
2019 Ram limited.
Everything works on the 12" command center, radio, and all other features except the gps.
It will accept an address and draw it out on the upper half but when I hit go, the screen just shows nothing but the truck in the center.
It cannot recognize where it is at currently.
The dealer looked at it yesterday and said the radio is shot, need to replace the whole12" unit, no software update available.
Just wanted to check withe you guys for second opinions. I'm sure i'm not the only one.
TIA

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 Ram limited.
Everything works on the 12" command center, radio, and all other features except the gps.
It will accept an address and draw it out on the upper half but when I hit go, the screen just shows nothing but the truck in the center.
It cannot recognize where it is at currently.
The dealer looked at it yesterday and said the radio is shot, need to replace the whole12" unit, no software update available.
Just wanted to check withe you guys for second opinions. I'm sure i'm not the only one.
TIA
Thank you for grabbing our attention. Do you know what's your software level is currently at? Please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

sylvan oaks

Reaction score
Thank you for grabbing our attention. Do you know what's your software level is currently at? Please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares
I don't know what the level is but the dealer told me there are no updates. Truck was purchased in Aug of 18

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what the level is but the dealer told me there are no updates. Truck was purchased in Aug of 18
If the dealer just checks the same place as owners are able to, then it probably doesn't show any updates available. I have updated the software in my 2020 twice myself, and the Uconnect app has always said there wasn't an update available. Both times it fixed issues I was having, but wasn't enough of an issue to go to dealer about. First update got my weather radar working properly, and after the second update, I started getting monthly vehicle health reports, that I had never got previously.

Users who are viewing this thread