5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NAV Screen Icons when on Highway

downsc123

Reaction score
Anyone know how to disable the two large green icons on the top of the NAV screen that show up when on ahighway?

Attachments

• 20210422_060616.jpg
    20210422_060616.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 75

Appyfan

Reaction score
I thought maybe it’s “Signposts” in the Nav settings? Mine is checked to be on, and I’m not seeing that, but not near a major highway either.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know how to disable the two large green icons on the top of the NAV screen that show up when on ahighway?
Live where they're aren't any highways ;)

I seem to remember there being a difference between what shows up when your actually navigating vs not and I thought a lot of those icons went away when you were on a route....or maybe the opposite.:unsure:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This might sound like I’m being a smart you-know-what, but I mean it sincerely...

My solution is to not use the truck’s navigation, and instead use my phone with CarPlay (or Android Auto, if that’s the way you roll). My phone’s navigation is superior in these ways:
  • It’s continuously updated
  • Better voice assistance
  • I can plug in directions before I get in the truck
  • Better UI
  • Easier to search and type
  • Integrates with Yelp, my address book, etc.

On the other hand, the truck’s navigation is better in these ways:
  • Doesn’t require a cell signal
  • Uses the full 12” screen rather than just the top half.
  • Maybe shows up in the digital dash and HUD? I don’t have the HUD, and haven’t used it enough to say whether it shows up on the dash.

downsc123

Reaction score
This might sound like I’m being a smart you-know-what, but I mean it sincerely...

My solution is to not use the truck’s navigation, and instead use my phone with CarPlay (or Android Auto, if that’s the way you roll). My phone’s navigation is superior in these ways:
  • It’s continuously updated
  • Better voice assistance
  • I can plug in directions before I get in the truck
  • Better UI
  • Easier to search and type
  • Integrates with Yelp, my address book, etc.

On the other hand, the truck’s navigation is better in these ways:
  • Doesn’t require a cell signal
  • Uses the full 12” screen rather than just the top half.
  • Maybe shows up in the digital dash and HUD? I don’t have the HUD, and haven’t used it enough to say whether it shows up on the dash.
I agree that google maps or car play is better and would like to use them over the uconnect nav....just don't want to deal with the cable.

downsc123

Reaction score
Live where they're aren't any highways ;)

I seem to remember there being a difference between what shows up when your actually navigating vs not and I thought a lot of those icons went away when you were on a route....or maybe the opposite.:unsure:
ya they are not there when when using a nav route.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I like the built in Nav. I prefer it's full screen looks over the half screen of Android Auto. I like the fact that the speed limit is displayed whether or not you are in Nav mode. and I think it has better previews.

As far as up to date maps, of course AA or CP is better but I'm lucky enough to live in an area where roads don't change often.

I realize that you can download maps for offline use but that's seems a chore to me and I absolutely hate having to connect up my phone.

I am expecting the Indegogo AAwireless dongle sometime in June but it's use will be mostly for Google assistant and speech to text messages, not Nav.

To me the built in Nav is always there and seamless where AA is not.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You can disable this.

1. Go to “Nav Settings” on the lower right.
2. Select “Map Appearange”, and then choose “POI Categories”
3. Uncheck “Highway Exit”. That’s it.

Cheers,

17DCE234-CA3B-4E0C-B070-1B9ED968B0CE.jpeg 7C95D84B-C3AC-4E41-B7B5-9784269BC57E.jpeg

downsc123

Reaction score
I checked this AM before I left for work and my highway exit feature was already disabled. Tried to re-enable and disable and still get the dumb green boxes. Not a bid deal. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Dang. Thought for sure that would take care of it. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

downsc123

Reaction score
Dang. Thought for sure that would take care of it. If I figure it out I'll let you know.
my screen was a little different than yours. Instead of checkmarks that are 'hollow' when unchecked and filled in with white when checked, my screen for POI categories just had the icon on the left of each item either gray (not enabled) or highlighted in blue if enabled. The screen one level up used checkmarks. I am thinking this is the right area it may be a glitch in the software that is not disabling that setting. I noticed you can uncheck all the POI categories...that did not work either.

downsc123

Reaction score
I thought maybe it’s “Signposts” in the Nav settings? Mine is checked to be on, and I’m not seeing that, but not near a major highway either.
To follow-up with the solution, it was indeed the Signposts settings in the route settings. No more green boxes. Even though its in the route settings menu it did disable the green boxes in both the in-route nav or not in an active route.

Users who are viewing this thread