5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery Interior Molding piece

Choppermd

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 1500 big horn sport. This piece of molding was sitting in the back. 2 sales managers, 2 sales reps couldn't figure out where it went? any ideas? 34918 34916 34917

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like the trim piece that attaches to the drivers side dash on the side when you open the door. Open the door on either side and see if that trim piece is missing.

Choppermd

Reaction score
Looks like the trim piece that attaches to the drivers side dash on the side when you open the door. Open the door on either side and see if that trim piece is missing.
you were correct! it was the passenger side but crazy thing is that it's not missing. Guess ill be nice and take the extra piece back to the dealership.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It does say RH (right hand) but I couldn't pull that part number up.

Lemme run out and look at mine real quick.

... time passes ...

well crap .. I took a photo and you beat me to it LOL

Last edited:
R

Rob5589

I found a square cover of some sort that slid from under the rear seat. I could not find where it went. When I took it in to have the bed sprayed I asked them about it. In the end it was an extra that somehow got left behind during the build.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It does say RH (right hand) but I couldn't pull that part number up.

Lemme run out and look at mine real quick.

... time passes ...

well crap .. I took a photo and you beat me to it LOL

View attachment 34923
Which probably means a truck went down the line missing one., or it is defective in some way and didn't get back to Component Quality.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 020989 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread