5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My zfold 3 wireless mount with the bullet point mount.

notoriouskeef

Reaction score
So I just picked up the new zfold 3 and was brainstorming a wireless mount for it. I have the bullet point mounting system already so did not want to get rid of that.

I bought this.
wmountbox.jpg

Unscrewed the mount from the back of it (pictured on right) and sanded down the remaining plastic with a Dremel. I gorilla glued a metal back plate to the back of the mount.
mount back.jpg

The magnet on the the bullet point is plenty strong to support this mount plus the zfold so here is the finished product.
wpadfront.jpg wpadside.jpg

It looks clean and works great. I used a rapid charge usb cig lighter and 18" usb cable. The mount automatically closes when the phone is placed in it keeping it nice and secure either folded or unfolded. It is amazing to have a large display with the zfold 3 I can say that for sure.

That being said...I'm not sure I'm going to keep it b/c the wireless charging seems to take about 40 mins to charge 20%. I will have to test it for a while to see if it will be enough for me.

Just thought I would share my little project. Note: it is always on using the cig lighter on top so if you don't plan on driving your truck for a week or two I would definitely unplug it.

Users who are viewing this thread