5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My very important opinion, also, get a pedal commander

slowjam

Reaction score
I’ve picked up a used Sprint Booster and it works great on my 2018 RAM. https://www.sprintboostersales.com/
During the winter months I’m keeping it on Sport 5 ( has Sport 1-9 and Race 1-9). I took 5 minutes to install and my HEMI w 3.92 feels like a Mustang!

Firebird

Reaction score
I just installed my Pedal Commander, and all I can say is Holy s**t! Completely transformational. I’ve always run a throttle booster on my 4th gens, but for whatever reason, it’s crazy effective in my new truck. $259 well spent.

ny2az

Reaction score
You are welcome sir.
I know the feeling.
can you post a side profile shot of your ram ... l would like to see what the fuel vandel wheels look like ... its one of the wheels lm looking at ...the other is the fuel lethal wheel...thx

Wheeler

Reaction score
can you post a side profile shot of your ram ... l would like to see what the fuel vandel wheels look like ... its one of the wheels lm looking at ...the other is the fuel lethal wheel...thx
IMG_20200112_172414.jpg IMG_20190810_105445~4.jpg

ldoh

Reaction score
I assume this isn't a 'tune' so there shouldn't be an increase in horsepower or torque. If so it just remaps the throttle for more fuel with less pedal movement. I'm surprised so many are glowing over the performance difference. Reviews I've seen elsewhere say there isn't anything different versus more aggressively applying the stock pedal although some say there might be less lag.

I've bought tunes for diesel pickups and a TDI and performance difference was significantly better and measurable. But my hemi doesn't suffer from lag and the throttle pedal is responsive. The old hemi seems to fall a bit flat in the upper RPMs but it works fine for me as I'm not looking for a race.

airgas1998

Reaction score
i strongly suggest anyone thinking about purchasing a PC from vitesse to reconsider. they have yet to confirm any acknowledgement on them shipping my product. i called can't get through, and live chat is well "not live". found out their in the new york city area (king of scam stores) their CS is crap, and good luck returning if need be. fact is i don't even see any mention of a return policy...i see now why their PC is a lot cheaper. buyer beware/caveat emptor...

derp

Reaction score
I've been looking at the relative demo of a antilag throttle kit like sprint booster, pedal commander etc.

gotta say I am definitely interested in how it would actually feel. the video speaks for itself on the speed of the throttle body actuation.

slowjam

Reaction score
My truck has lots of tools always with me in the back and if I punch the throttle in the Sport mode 5 with somewhat wet roadway it will break rear wheels loose; this is the setting I use for my everyday use. The race 3 mode I use when someone asks me “what’s that little LCD dial for?” Sprint Booster makes it quite easy to toggle between the OEM, Sport and Race presets. Then again you can fine tune the race and sport with 9 settings each. Technically 19 throttle settings combined....

Hardlivin'

Reaction score
i strongly suggest anyone thinking about purchasing a PC from vitesse to reconsider. they have yet to confirm any acknowledgement on them shipping my product. i called can't get through, and live chat is well "not live". found out their in the new york city area (king of scam stores) their CS is crap, and good luck returning if need be. fact is i don't even see any mention of a return policy...i see now why their PC is a lot cheaper. buyer beware/caveat emptor...

Wheeler mentioned it took about 5 days for his to be shipped, which is exactly what happened with mine. I did get an email response the day after my 2nd attempt and a tracking number was emailed over the day after it shipped.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I assume this isn't a 'tune' so there shouldn't be an increase in horsepower or torque. If so it just remaps the throttle for more fuel with less pedal movement. I'm surprised so many are glowing over the performance difference. Reviews I've seen elsewhere say there isn't anything different versus more aggressively applying the stock pedal although some say there might be less lag.

I've bought tunes for diesel pickups and a TDI and performance difference was significantly better and measurable. But my hemi doesn't suffer from lag and the throttle pedal is responsive. The old hemi seems to fall a bit flat in the upper RPMs but it works fine for me as I'm not looking for a race.
It's not a tune. It does not remap the throttle for more fuel with less pedal movement. The throttle still moves the same amount dependent on the pedal position. What it does is decrease the amount of time it takes for your throttle body butterfly to open. This lag is something that all throttle by wire applications with a stock tune suffer from. I've owned five V8 powered vehicles with this technology, and all of them suffered from this, at least to some degree. The worst was a 2017 Rebel I used to own. That truck definitely benefitted from the pedal commander I installed. My current 2020 Laramie suffers from it too, but not nearly as much. I haven't decided if I'm going to add a throttle controller to this truck.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

the lag i experienced was not severe, it was tollerable if all i was doing was lolly gagging in bumper to bumper traffic. adding the PC did not increase perfomance per se, it did allow me to get into powerband (horsepower) sooner. i run my PC in City +3 unless the roads are wet then i set it to City 0.

applying more pressure on the accellerator with out the PC will give you the same effect. Those of us that own and run a PC dont want to push the accelerator pedal an inch and a half or worse floor it to get into the powerband when a mere 1/4" to 1/2" of pedal does what we need.

Last edited:

Konrad

Reaction score

It does not improve performance numbers (hp or tq) nor does it remap the fuel injection or anything. It just changes the way the performance is being delivered, allows for wide range of adjustment and properly set to driver's liking (which is subjective) makes the truck much more pleasant to drive. I installed mine three days ago and I already know it was the best upgrade I installed in my truck to date. I find "City +2" settingis my sweet spot - GREAT upgrade over stock, much more agile, yet still smooth and pleasant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Benca101

Reaction score
Konrad, well said. I like the quicker downshifts too... it changed my mind about buying an exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread