5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My truck keeps sticking in entry/exit mode

yellowboy

Reaction score
My truck keeps sticking in entry exit mode. The dealer replaced the radio/control head to fix it (and some other issues) and it did not. They then tried to reprogram the SECOND radio, but things in other areas like navigation got goofed up. They put a third radio in, still sticks. It will work fine if I raise it myself with the button for 2-3 weeks then start sticking again. Any others have the same problem ?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck keeps sticking in entry exit mode. The dealer replaced the radio/control head to fix it (and some other issues) and it did not. They then tried to reprogram the SECOND radio, but things in other areas like navigation got goofed up. They put a third radio in, still sticks. It will work fine if I raise it myself with the button for 2-3 weeks then start sticking again. Any others have the same problem ?

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
RamCares

zj4x4

Reaction score
I've noticed this recently as well. Out of curiosity, do you ever use the in-cab switch to change the level? I used to occasionally use the key fob button to lower the truck before entering but recently I also started going into entry/exit mode as I drove up to my house and I've noticed this happening since doing that. I've since stopped lowering it manually while still driving and haven't noticed the issue happening again.

Rupp

Reaction score
Newbe Ram owner here but what is entry/exit mode? I have the air suspension but I'm not aware of this mode.

yellowboy

Reaction score
I the lowest position - can be done by fob or button on dash. But is SUPPOSED to raise after driving at a certain speed, mine does not. I read somewhere that you should not drive in that position because of a caster/ camber issue .

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've only experienced this when using the fob to lower the truck to E/E. There's a (much) older thread discussing this, but I don't know if it was resolved. I do not experience the issue in normal use, but I rarely drop the truck to E/E these days. If anything I'm typically in Normal and (auto) Aero around town, and I sometimes raise the truck to Off Road mode when parking.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Thanks, I usually do it for my dog (see photo left) as he's getting older. I will play with it today to see again if there is a differnce between fob or dash.

zj4x4

Reaction score
Sounds like you have an issue then. I can't reproduce mine at will like you can and as far as I know it has only happened 2-3 times, though when it has happened I didn't notice right away because I assume it will raise up to Aero like normal, so it's possible that it has been more frequent. I had the same concern about driving in the mode and am concerned that at some point it will fail to rise and damage will be caused. 🤞

yellowboy

Reaction score
So Ram Cares who had opened a case on this issue called me today and said "vehicle is operating as designed ....." what they can't tell me is why (or dealer either) it raises to aero sometimes and not others ....grrrrrrrrr !!

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Mine raises to Normal not Aero from E/E. I have seen it rarely "stick" in E/E, but it hasn't happened in a long time that I can remember. I use E/E often enough. When loading/unloading mostly. Love the air suspension feature.

yellowboy

Reaction score
So Ram cares call me back this morning and says " your case is closed because after conferring with dealership and our technical people we determined that the vehicle was operating as designed.... in addition you were provided printed information that shows that.....". Really ? here's what they gave me--- not one word about entry exit. She was clueless. Then she says "you are free to take it to another dealer ...." OK I have nothing else to do but drive all over to other dealers. No wonder FCA is known for their lousy customer service.

suspension.jpg

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
That is a very informative note IMO. It discusses how the DRH is established. If you follow the procedure it might solve your sticking problem.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Informative if your problem is that it's staying in aero mode. The OP's problem is that it's sticking in entry/exit, not aero mode. The response does not address entry/exit one time. It's obvious to me that Ram cares and/or dealership didn't understand the original complaint.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Informative if your problem is that it's staying in aero mode. The OP's problem is that it's sticking in entry/exit, not aero mode. The response does not address entry/exit one time. It's obvious to me that Ram cares and/or dealership didn't understand the original complaint.
Agreed!

yellowboy

Reaction score
Yes I tried what the dealer gave me - no change in sticking. I actually don't care if it stays in E/E once in a while but somewhere - I think another forum- I read that you should not drive in E/E beacuse it causes premature wear due to caster/camber changes. I would like to get a clarification of that's true but of course the dealer and Ram Cares are totally clueless.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I tried what the dealer gave me - no change in sticking. I actually don't care if it stays in E/E once in a while but somewhere - I think another forum- I read that you should not drive in E/E beacuse it causes premature wear due to caster/camber changes. I would like to get a clarification of that's true but of course the dealer and Ram Cares are totally clueless.
You’re also in for a rough ride (on the bump stops!) in E/E...

Users who are viewing this thread