5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my trial is up

U

User_3336

did you have to give a credit card and did it state auto renewal?
Well, of course, you had to put a credit card on file(there is no paper billing), and yes, with any SIRUIS purchase, it did say it would renew at regular rates if not cancelled.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Mine expired Wednesday, I don't see any value in the service so I deleted the app from my phone.

I've been an off-and-on subscriber to XM since 2003 but I also let that subscription go. Only listened to a few channels and the playlists and fairly shallow. I'm back to Pandora.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
for my2022 at least for me it is free for 6 months expiring july 10

but some other things do not expire until 2027 and 2032

it appears what is expiring for me is remote lock and unlock and driver alerts as I only have a package one
I see that noone has commented here for awhile, so I guess I'll put this out there for anyone who cares. I've had my Ram for 5 months,today, and my app services were suppossed to expire like two months ago.I was getting all the emails and stuff in the mail, and like most of you I did not find any of those expenses worthwhile, so I did not extend ANYTHING. So far nothing has changed. I can still look up where my truck is at, how much fuel I have, what my tire pressures where when I left my truck, I can STILL remote start my truck from whatever distance I am from it,lock or unlock doors etc... I don't know how long this will keep up, but the standard trial period was suppossed to be 3 months.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see that noone has commented here for awhile, so I guess I'll put this out there for anyone who cares. I've had my Ram for 5 months,today, and my app services were suppossed to expire like two months ago.I was getting all the emails and stuff in the mail, and like most of you I did not find any of those expenses worthwhile, so I did not extend ANYTHING. So far nothing has changed. I can still look up where my truck is at, how much fuel I have, what my tire pressures where when I left my truck, I can STILL remote start my truck from whatever distance I am from it,lock or unlock doors etc... I don't know how long this will keep up, but the standard trial period was suppossed to be 3 months.
My trial period was 6 months on my '22. Did they reduce it for the '23 MY?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
you are only at 5 months

they expire at 6 months

U

User_3336

On a 23 Model year, its THREE months.

It now uses this website. and not the mopar or uconnect site.

the hotspot ends in 3 months or 3GB as well.

U

User_3336

wow
just stupid it was reduced to 3 months!!!!!!
Well, there is a very sly trick around that on Siruis Guardian's part.

you can EXTEND your 3 month subscription to SIX, but you have to "accept the extension", and put in a credit card. (you will still get 6 months free)

So, with the previous SIX month, it was strictly a trial that come with the vehicle, no credit card needed, after 6 months, poof, and SG could pester you death to get you to extend.

NOW, they got your credit card #, if you extend after 3 months. Its a big game on behalf of Siruis.

after 6 months now, they charge you regular rates IF you do not cancel (because they got your credit card#)

U

User_3336

See Examples. ***NOTE***, you have to CALL Siruis to CANCEL! Hassle Hassle. You can't cancel online.

If you stay with the 3 month, they ain't got nothing to charge you with.

trial.jpg

trial2.jpg

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
See Examples. ***NOTE***, you have to CALL Siruis to CANCEL! Hassle Hassle. You can't cancel online.

If you stay with the 3 month, they ain't got nothing to charge you with.

View attachment 160143

View attachment 160145
I do remember seeing this page a month or so ago. And I now remember clicking on that trial extension.I have NOT put in any credit card info because I have NO intention of paying for these services moving forward. I never did engage the Sirius sat. stuff either as I figure I've got enough input sources to keep me entertained. AND. They don't cost a dime!!

RamBum

Reaction score
Actually, you can cancel Sirius via Chat now. I sold my truck and was dreading calling Sirius because it was always such a pain to cancel in the past. Was happy to see I could do it pretty easily via Chat, and I also got refunded the amount left for the current month.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
When we bought the wifies Journey back in '11 she opted in for the Sirius stuff and after a couple of years the subscription price had gone up to around $30.00-$40.00/month, or something like that. I remember her telling me that after a couple of years of the sub. they would not offer anymore discounts, and she finally cancelled.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Ok. So since all of this talk about subscriptions and stuff I had to go back to the Mopar Owners area to refresh my recollections of what I did, and didn't click on. On April 2nd I did opt for the extension on the connected services. That extension expires 7/2. I DID have to include credit card info to get the extension. I just turned off the autorenewal. I don't think I've ever used the Tom Tom navigation as I have Google Maps that work very well with Google Assistance. So I guess I will be without some of the connected services here in about a month, after that- I guess I will have to get used to operating my vehicle just like I have every other vehicle for the past 40 years: Put key in, start car, drive...ENJOY!!

U

User_3336

I do remember seeing this page a month or so ago. And I now remember clicking on that trial extension.I have NOT put in any credit card info because I have NO intention of paying for these services moving forward. I never did engage the Sirius sat. stuff either as I figure I've got enough input sources to keep me entertained. AND. They don't cost a dime!!
If you DID click on the trial extension, then you DID have to put in credit card information, no way around that.

***************Ok, you "recollected", do you did put in cc info.*************

Users who are viewing this thread