5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my trial is up

TCB77

Reaction score
ram wants $15.00 a month for a non-nav system.
no remote start,
just so I can see the air pressure and remote lock or unlock truck.

are they crazy?
I just bought my 2019 Ram 1500 no navigation with remote start from a dealer (not a dodge dealer) and I don’t think I’m paying anything monthly. Am I misunderstanding what you are talking about?

NorcalMike

Reaction score
I just bought my 2019 Ram 1500 no navigation with remote start from a dealer (not a dodge dealer) and I don’t think I’m paying anything monthly. Am I misunderstanding what you are talking about?
He’s talking about the Uconnect smart phone app not the remote start on the key fob. And I agree it’s kind of a ridiculous price

TCB77

Reaction score
He’s talking about the Uconnect smart phone app not the remote start on the key fob. And I agree it’s kind of a ridiculous price
Ok, thanks. If I would have bought mine from a dodge dealer they probably would have tried to sell me on the app but I didn’t. I wasn’t even aware of it!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. If I would have bought mine from a dodge dealer they probably would have tried to sell me on the app but I didn’t. I wasn’t even aware of it!
the app is free
they give you a 6 month trial
some things are longer then 6 months
vehicle performance expires in 2027
safety and security expires in 2032

they are calling the one expiring in july "assistance"

Bigbags85

Reaction score
That's absurd! I didn't renew mine as of yet. The only time the app would ever be useful for me is during the winter when I'm at work and too far to use the remote to start it. I rarely ever remote start anything anyway.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Mine expired the other day. I have nav and remote start but I will not be renewing

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had my new truck for 21 days. The only time I used my phone/U Connect app was at the dealer during delivery to ensure it was set-up correctly. I don't anticipate ever using it again during the six month trial, nor do I ever anticipate spending $180 a year to not use it after the trial expires.

Ratchet

Reaction score
I had it on my previous 14' Grand Cherokee. I found that the remote range far outweighs the lag time of using the uconnect remote app for vehicle starting. Same on my current vehicle.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They can keep it. Mine will be expiring just as winter is starting. Starting remotely on your phone in sub zero weather is nice but not $15 per month nice.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
They just mailed me an offer for to update for $12.99 per month. It does include music, but I was able to get the music updated for $6 per month. I used the remote start one time and that was the day I bought my truck. Otherwise, I haven't used any of the Guardian features.

ben b

Reaction score
I've had my Ram for a little over 1 year. I like the Sirius Uconnect features enough to pay $50 per year if every feature were included (satellite music, remote start, tracking, etc.) Unfortunately they want a lot more. So I go without.

My life seems to be just fine anyway.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Man, I thought I was the tech junkie. Who the heck uses a phone app for their vehicle?
My Key fob exists for a reason and it does all that stuff.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Phone app remote start is awesome.

Winter time you can start it before you get in the shower, or if you’re at the gym, really anytime.

Or if some one needs in your truck and you’re at an event. You can lock and unlock it no matter where you are.

It’s the one thing I wish I had. I got spoiled with it on my other vehicles.

$15 a month is a bit steep though. My Silverado was free for 5 years. My Subaru was free for one year, after that it’s $5 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertman

Reaction score
I have a question. I bought my RAM on July 13th last year. The app still works for me. I assumed it would stop working after 1 year, but it sounds like it was supposed to end after 6 months.

How long is the free trial supposed to last?

The salesman I worked with didn't mention it. I never signed up for the free Sirius trial if that matters.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have a question. I bought my RAM on July 13th last year. The app still works for me. I assumed it would stop working after 1 year, but it sounds like it was supposed to end after 6 months.

The salesman I worked with didn't mention it. I never signed up for the free Sirius trial if that matters.
for my2022 at least for me it is free for 6 months expiring july 10

but some other things do not expire until 2027 and 2032

it appears what is expiring for me is remote lock and unlock and driver alerts as I only have a package one

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Not sure if the trim level matters for length of trial but mine will expire soon--after a year--on a Limited.

Like most everyone here, I don't think I've ever used it except maybe once when it wasn't parked near me at night and I had it lock the doors.

Bertman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I guess it'll go away in a couple weeks.

I did/do use it, like when I left work last week and it was really hot. I used that to start the truck and let the AC run for a few minutes before I got out to it. Not worth $15/mth though.

FWIW, my truck is a 2021 Laramie.

Users who are viewing this thread