5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Rebel Bit Me!!!!

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
Stupid door locks took a chunk out of me. Im going to be honest and say this has happen more often then none.

Attachments

• D533FE9E-4FA4-42DD-80E1-FEC76B1814C2.jpeg
    D533FE9E-4FA4-42DD-80E1-FEC76B1814C2.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 125

Burnzie

Reaction score
I would think in this day and age their would be more important things to complain about, but that's just me.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
I would think in this day and age their would be more important things to complain about, but that's just me.

Your right…..until the internet was developed….now I have the ability to cry and whine about whatever pleases me lmao…..

But yes you are right, there are more relevant things to be concerned about.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My arm was on the passenger door trim by the door lock. Soon as the truck moves it auto locks and takes some meat with it.
"Since the work of Pavlov, it has been known that pain is a potent aversive stimulus for creating salient memories. It induces single event learning, with associated memories potentially lasting a lifetime." Apparently, the pain associated with the door lock pinching your arm isn't significant enough to alter your behavior...yet. After it pinches your arm a few more times, I'm willing to bet you won't put your arm on top of the door until after the doors have locked. :ROFLMAO:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My arm was on the passenger door trim by the door lock. Soon as the truck moves it auto locks and takes some meat with it.

Gotcha, that makes sense, I have pretty long arms so I never had them in that position, but definitely see it can happen.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Both my wife and I have had the auto door locks take a bite out of our arms on both sides of the truck. It's not fun. What I notice is the REAR door locks stick up higher than the front, so this would never happen in the back. Why the front door locks pull below the door sill is why it does this and I have no idea why they made it different from front to rear. If both sets of doors were like the rear, this wouldn't happen. Another odd design choice by Stellantis/FCA/Chrysler/Daimler/Mopar/Dodge/RAM or whatever we call them these days, haha.

Bob.

Reaction score
Maybe try to unscrew the door lock stems and swap them for the back or replace them with something longer? Sometimes they do things for a reason. Maybe they are like that are for collision/safety reasons.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In about 3 years of 5GR ownership, I haven’t had this happen to me, which lead me to wonder why? I think it’s an advantage of being short: I don’t put my arm on that part of the door, and instead use the lower arm rest part of the door.

Sure, I have to use rock climbing equipment to get in and out of my truck, but being short does have some perks.

Last edited:

KMach

Reaction score
There is a TSB for this concern if your truck fits the criteria. Can’t remember the cut off but I did mine.

Edit: I looked it up. TSB 23-039-21. Cut off date is trucks built after 7/26/21.

It got me once too.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
There is a TSB for this concern if your truck fits the criteria. Can’t remember the cut off but I did mine.

Edit: I looked it up. TSB 23-039-21. Cut off date is trucks built after 7/26/21.

It got me once too.

What does the TSB do?

Users who are viewing this thread