5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
the valve is tucked way in. there's no way the sway bar can hit it while wheeling. if the sway bar hits.. you got bigger problem to worry about than the valve lol

also regarding road debris or anything like that... a simple RCI skid plate kit solves that problem. i mean, if you're really worried about getting damage done to the underside, a skid plate SHOULD be installed, even if you don't wheel.

85octane

Reaction score
yeah it's dumb design. i still have no idea why they did what they did.

I mentioned how messy the oil changes were to a kid I work with saying the same thing, "why would they design it this way?" He said it was to make it impossible for idiots to impact on the plug or filter. I think he's correct because it makes absolutely no sense otherwise.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned how messy the oil changes were to a kid I work with saying the same thing, "why would they design it this way?" He said it was to make it impossible for idiots to impact on the plug or filter. I think he's correct because it makes absolutely no sense otherwise.
I always just chalked it up to the engine design team didn't communicate with the chassis design team. We see that sort of thing all the time where I work. Or the fact that the Hemi was used in several different vehicles. Either way it still sucks. If it's any consolation, my F150 is only marginally better when it comes to oil changes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's would have just as much risk of damage as the fumoto valve.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the valve is tucked way in. there's no way the sway bar can hit it while wheeling. if the sway bar hits.. you got bigger problem to worry about than the valve lol

also regarding road debris or anything like that... a simple RCI skid plate kit solves that problem. i mean, if you're really worried about getting damage done to the underside, a skid plate SHOULD be installed, even if you don't wheel.
My sway bar has actually hit my fumoto valve. Or more precisely the turn lever and bent it. I had to straighten it out in order to get valve open

And as far as debris, the sway bar would actually keep any larger objects from hitting the valve, the same way it annoys us for being in the way during oil changes.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I like Gold Plug magnetic drain bolts. The magnetism is so strong it's impossible to drop without it jumping to the pan or sway bar. Threading it back in can be tricky

boogielander

Reaction score
oh yeah that makes sense...
until some other incompetent idiot uses a joint socket LOL

boogielander

Reaction score
My sway bar has actually hit my fumoto valve. Or more precisely the turn lever and bent it. I had to straighten it out in order to get valve open

And as far as debris, the sway bar would actually keep any larger objects from hitting the valve, the same way it annoys us for being in the way during oil changes.
interesting.
my valve is turned to the side instead of full on straight maybe that's why it will never touch

Users who are viewing this thread