5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new longhorn SPORT

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A Canadian offering only, I take it? Or did you add the sport hood to a Longhorn yourself?

John813

Reaction score
I need that hood.

Looks good. I don't mind the white/chrome look.

Kaydee

Reaction score
It was intended as as a bit of a joke about a longhorn sport .... I love the sport hood and made a deal to swap the sport hood off of a tri coat canadian sport .... The sport has an optional sport hood so they didnt seem to mind too much.... very nice of them..... I am in the middle of my next ideas to paint the bumpers and grill ...like they did to a black limited on this website . The sport is a lovely truck but you cant option them up as much as a longhorn

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I like it, gives me an idea of what it would look like since I've been considering doing the exact same thing. Although I saw a billet silver Sport the other day and started seriously considering going with the Sport and seeing if I could swap in the 12 inch screen after.

Kaydee

Reaction score
I like it, gives me an idea of what it would look like since I've been considering doing the exact same thing. Although I saw a billet silver Sport the other day and started seriously considering going with the Sport and seeing if I could swap in the 12 inch screen after.
Yes I know but it was the 12 inch screen, the full grain leather, the upgraded interior, the 19 speaker hk stereo .All those things made me go to the longhorn (or Limited)...but I like the look of the monochromatic outside with the black tail lights and trim on the sport

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The no 12 inch, or HK stereo is stopping me from going with the Sport. I prefer the nicer interior of the Longhorn and Limited like you mentioned so I've been thinking of going with either, getting the sport hood and color matching everything.

Kaydee

Reaction score
I can imagine the screen swap would be very expensive with the screen and all the little trim pieces

Kaydee

Reaction score
The no 12 inch, or HK stereo is stopping me from going with the Sport. I prefer the nicer interior of the Longhorn and Limited like you mentioned so I've been thinking of going with either, getting the sport hood and color matching everything.
great idea I am looking for a photoshop person to put the ivory painted bumpers and sleek ivory painted longhorn grille onto a photo to get an idea

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You can get a monotone Limited without all the Chrome... It has a painted bumpers group

Yes, but still has a chrome grille, chrome window trim, badges, etc. I would order a monotone Limited and then color match the grille, go gloss black with the window trim and a matte black with the badging etc.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I'm not a exterior chrome fan but with the new body style coupled with your exterior color and hood....me likey

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/