5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new 2020 Ram Laramie Off Road

Zooram

Reaction score
Hello!

This is my 4th Ram. I've had an 03 Hemi, 05 Hemi, 09 Hemi, then recently an 05 Cummins. Don't ask...I have a problem!

The 05 Cummins was becoming a money pit as it had 176,000 miles. Ran excellent; but was rusting away. The wife told me she was done with me being in the garage every weekend and to get something new. I decided to cut my losses and trade it in.

I went to look at a Rebel after seeing the ads for the incentives. I wanted an off road package with as little chrome as possible. I test drove a Rebel and liked it, but left the dealership to research more. I found out that some Laramie's were offered with an off road and sport package. The off road package gave me all terrain tires, the e-locker, and heavy duty shocks, but not the Bilsteins the Rebel came with. But, the Laramie has a power passenger seat, vented front seats, along with the 12" display. And best of all, it was $1,000 cheaper then the Rebel. The Rebel had a manual passenger seat and the seats weren't vented. Also, the Rebel had 3.92 gears which are great for acceleration and towing, but not so great for highway mileage.

My 05 2500 Cummins had a payload of 2,000 lbs. This 1500 can handle 1,840 lbs! Not that I'd want that much weight in a 1500 on a daily basis, but nice to know I have the option.

So, here it is, my 2020 Ram Laramie Hemi with the off road and sport package. I hate the chrome steps...might have to change them out.

Only plans for now are rubber fitted floor mats instead of the carpeted ones, rear under seat storage bin, and a tri-fold soft bed cover. 20200223_125500.jpg

Last edited:

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! I also am not a fan of chrome. I got the same package, Laramie Sport with Off-road. I waited for the Mopar black steps, but the were back ordered indefinitely. I went with Westin 5” curved in black.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats ! I know you’re a mopar guy but if you happen to own any non fca vehicle you can snag the extra rebate below.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Zooram

Reaction score
Hi and welcome! I also am not a fan of chrome. I got the same package, Laramie Sport with Off-road. I waited for the Mopar black steps, but the were back ordered indefinitely. I went with Westin 5” curved in black.

Thanks! I appreciate the welcome.

The chrome has got to go on my truck. Except the wheels...I do like them!

I will check out the Westins. I really like the NFABs too.

Zooram

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats ! I know you’re a mopar guy but if you happen to own any non fca vehicle you can snag the extra rebate below.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Thanks for the link! My only other vehicles are a 2011 Dodge Durango and a 1971 Dodge Dart...so I can't apply.

I did see your post elsewhere and appreciate the info!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome, Zooram, and congratulations on your 2020 Laramie Sport. So, tell me about your '71 Dart. Back in 1970, a good friend bought new a 340 Dart with 4 speed while I bought new a 340 Challenger automatic. We use to race each other. It was always fairly close, sometimes he won, sometime me.

BTW, very nice photo of your new Ram. :) (y)

Zooram

Reaction score
Welcome, Zooram, and congratulations on your 2020 Laramie Sport. So, tell me about your '71 Dart. Back in 1970, a good friend bought new a 340 Dart with 4 speed while I bought new a 340 Challenger automatic. We use to race each other. It was always fairly close, sometimes he won, sometime me.

BTW, very nice photo of your new Ram. :) (y)

Thanks!

I bought it in 1997ish. My first car. Slant 6, brown, Swinger model. Rusty rockets and quarters but looked decent. Being the smart teenager I was, I thought I'd start the bodywork. Ended up with a rusty, primed car. Swapped in a 318/727/8.75 and thought it be faster. Turns out I ran a second SLOWER in the 1/4 mile with the 318 than the slant 6!

I joined the Navy in 1999 and the car went into storage. Still waiting to restore it. Haven't touched it.

340 is a nice motor! I'm thinking of a 5.7l Hemi now that a take out from a wrecked car is cheaper than rebuilding an old small block.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same wheels too. I do like them, but they are hard to clean! Especially where the chrome overlays attach.

Zooram

Reaction score
I have the same wheels too. I do like them, but they are hard to clean! Especially where the chrome overlays attach.

I was hoping they weren't hard to clean...oh well, at least I dont have to put a lot of time in basic maintenance like my 2005 Cummins.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was hoping they weren't hard to clean...oh well, at least I dont have to put a lot of time in basic maintenance like my 2005 Cummins.
Most days, I just shine up the wheels. About every third wash I take time to get under the grooves by the chrome bits. This pic may give you an idea of how the Westin bars look.
0200.jpg

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello!

This is my 4th Ram. I've had an 03 Hemi, 05 Hemi, 09 Hemi, then recently an 05 Cummins. Don't ask...I have a problem!

The 05 Cummins was becoming a money pit as it had 176,000 miles. Ran excellent; but was rusting away. The wife told me she was done with me being in the garage every weekend and to get something new. I decided to cut my losses and trade it in.

I went to look at a Rebel after seeing the ads for the incentives. I wanted an off road package with as little chrome as possible. I test drove a Rebel and liked it, but left the dealership to research more. I found out that some Laramie's were offered with an off road and sport package. The off road package gave me all terrain tires, the e-locker, and heavy duty shocks, but not the Bilsteins the Rebel came with. But, the Laramie has a power passenger seat, vented front seats, along with the 12" display. And best of all, it was $1,000 cheaper then the Rebel. The Rebel had a manual passenger seat and the seats weren't vented. Also, the Rebel had 3.92 gears which are great for acceleration and towing, but not so great for highway mileage.

My 05 2500 Cummins had a payload of 2,000 lbs. This 1500 can handle 1,840 lbs! Not that I'd want that much weight in a 1500 on a daily basis, but nice to know I have the option.

So, here it is, my 2020 Ram Laramie Hemi with the off road and sport package. I hate the chrome steps...might have to change them out.

Only plans for now are rubber fitted floor mats instead of the carpeted ones, rear under seat storage bin, and a tri-fold soft bed cover. View attachment 47519
Sweet ride

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
Most days, I just shine up the wheels. About every third wash I take time to get under the grooves by the chrome bits. This pic may give you an idea of how the Westin bars look.
View attachment 48031

I really like the color!!!
If i had the option of getting a Rebel in that color when i was ordering.... i would probably still be at the dealership unable to decide!!!
beautiful truck

Zooram

Reaction score
View attachment 48031

Yes! I really like the black steps on the blue truck. Looks great!

I can't wait to wax or seal my paint. Will probably do something with the wheels too in hopes to keep them protected.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello!

Only plans for now are rubber fitted floor mats instead of the carpeted ones, rear under seat storage bin, and a tri-fold soft bed cover. View attachment 47519
Great truck! Would love to see a pic of your Tires & Load Capacity sticker

Zooram

Reaction score
...the Crew Cabs are lower than the Quads. Plus all those luxurious doodads we can't live without!

I didn't buy this truck tow big trailers or haul heavy loads, so not a big deal. Maybe a small camper in the future, but something that will be safe and legal.

Zooram

Reaction score
Also added this $212 tri-fold soft top from Tyger on Amazon. It does the job and looks very decent! 20200302_163903.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread