5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Maxtrac lowering installation

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dude I love your 2/4 drop. I’m comparing Belltechs kits to yours and Belltechs website says that their lowering kits aren’t compatible with the stock 22in wheel setup because of the larger wheel bearing assembly. “RAM trucks with OEM 22” wheels require a larger bore steering knuckle”. My ram has stock 22s….any idea if the kit you pieced together will have the same issues? Thanks for the feedback and great write up.
If you want the drop spindles, you would need the wheel hubs for a RAM w/ 20's for the Belltech spindles. Others have done it.

whtram

Reaction score
For any of y’all, did you have any problems with the exhaust hitting the pan hard bar bracket on the drivers side? I have the borla type s and it sits on the bracket.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For any of y’all, did you have any problems with the exhaust hitting the pan hard bar bracket on the drivers side? I have the borla type s and it sits on the bracket.

2/4 drop on mine and I have no exhaust issues, but my exhaust is stock. Maybe you can take the pipe to an exhaust shop and they could create a slight bend or indentation to give you the clearance needed.

whtram

Reaction score
I thought about that. I may try to maneuver it potentially or just hammer an indentation myself since I’m sure that’s all they would do

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep several people have had issues with aftermarket exhausts and the lowering kit. It’s why I went with a muffler and resi delete. Vs a full exhaust. Even with that mine has made slight contact with my suspension before.

Users who are viewing this thread