5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My lowering plan

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oddly enough, when I dropped mine and set the adjustable track bar at the “stock” starting setting, my rear axle was centered and did not need any adjustment. It came out to be the same length as the factory one. 🤔

Clv22p

Reaction score
I still haven't actually got around to installing my Belltech parts. I have their spindles (factory 20 wheel truck with 22 wheels now), but I am doing the maxtrac/bilstein/spohn rear set up

Svt40

Reaction score
Installed the upper bolts for the sway bar end links. We decided to drill out the anchor nut to 1/2 inch and installed the upper mount with a 12mm bolt and nut with some copper sleeve spacers to fill the bushing. We could not get the sway bar perfectly level with the ground as there was not enough adjustment on the BT links.

Next, we ran the temporary airlines and filled the Durango bags with 5psi of air. Drove around the parking lot to settle the suspension and check for rubbing. Nothing rubbed. Put the wheel well covers back in and aligned it.

The alignment was out to lunch obviously. The tech ran it twice to get it perfect. The only thing out was the thrust angle which was due to the trackbar being off slightly.

It drives like factory with no odd noises. It does bottom out on speedbumps which is to be expected. After the alignment the passenger side rubs at full left lock.
Here are the much awaited pictures. Trying to get the alignment pic up but Adobe wants money to convert the file.

PXL_20230113_221145370.jpg PXL_20230113_221047753.jpg

Svt40

Reaction score
Trackbar came in today. The thrust angle was 12º. Installed the trackbar and re-did the alignment. Thrust angle set to 0º which threw all the other adjustments out of wack. So we re-did the whole alignment to bring it all back in. It's even closer to perfect spec now than before.

All I have left to do is heat up the passenger side wheel well liner to bend it back a small amount to stop it from rubbing in hard left turns.

Svt40

Reaction score
I assume it is rubbing because of the wheel width?
I think it's just the liner is flopping around a touch more on the passenger side. The piece it's rubbing on is not attached at the bottom, so it has a lot of movement. So, my plan is to heat gun it up and bend it out of the way.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took a heat gun to the liner. It got nice and soft and I was able to bend it further in so it would no longer rub then splashed some cold water on it to lock the bend in. Worked great!
Did a few donuts in the parking lot with no more rubbing.
No pics or video of the ?

Svt40

Reaction score
I have one more thing to work out with Belltech. Hopefully they will do what they said they would.

Users who are viewing this thread