5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Deionizer System Came Today!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have been researching deionizer systems for quite sometime and finally came to a conclusion. It was between the DI Rinse system and the Griots Garage system. Groits provides a LIFETIME warranty on all parts minus the resin and it was $100 less before my 10% off coupon. It was $269 shipped and I plan on trying it out this weekend. The TDS of my water is around 220 so, based on that, I should get about 350 gallons of high quality deionized water. You don't use the water for washing...only for the final rinse for a spot-free dry. Therefore, if you use no more than 5-gallons (which is probably still more than needed for a final rinse), I can wash my vehicles 70+ times before the resin needs to be replaced. For those that may be interested, the link is below:

IceStormz

Reaction score
A water deionizer kit... Now I've seen it all... Us car detailers who love having a shiny vehicle can spend thousands of dollars before we're properly equipped to detail a vehicle xD

After this truck, definitely buying a beater where I can drive it in a sandstorm and take it to the local car wash that charges $10 for a month's worth of washes LOL

Seriously though, hope you like it. Better be worth every penny!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@IceStormz ...I know several professional detailers that have them and swear by them. They DO work and work very well. The guy who installed my tint and paint protection film had a larger unit but the results are the same minus the amount of resin it will hold which only impacts the number of rinses you'll get before having to replace the resin. Reviews on these units are great as well. I remember...YEARS ago, Mr. Clean came out with a kit that was sold at automotive part stores that looked a bit like a mini-foam canon. You hooked your hose up to it and the filter provided deionized water. It worked great for the first few rinses and then you had to replace the filter. The filters were a bit pricey, but even that POS worked and left a spot free shine. It has a full 30-day MB guarantee but I doubt I'll be sending it back ;) If you don't like taking care of your vehicles, then a beater is definitely the right choice for you. When I sell or trade my vehicles, they look almost new and I have always gotten top dollar(y)

IceStormz

Reaction score
I love taking care of my vehicles, but coming from a small Corolla to a shiny new Limited! We both have the shiny White too! Personally speaking, I ended up getting the truck ceramic coated and get's detailed by a local detailing shop and they keep it spotless for now.

Maybe I gotta get one but shipping to Canada is darn expensive! Please post pictures after a wash with close-ups. Cheers!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting one for years. I've just been to cheap to do it. I am definitely interested in hearing your impressions.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am definitely going to use it this weekend. Things got too busy last weekend and my wife had other priorities.

Bl@ck_R@M_21

Reaction score
I'm new here so I'm going through some of the old threads that interest me, and I came across this one and I have the CRSpotless Water System and it is absolutely worth it ! Especially living in an area with hard water. It has taken off detailing time and removed the need for touching the paint with drying towels which that in itself is worth it.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I have the on the go system that I use with a cheap electric pressure washer that I bought at harbor freight. I have bypass valves on the system so after truck is washed I move 2 valves then do final rinse with the DI water then walk away. I used to dry my truck with a leaf blower that took at least 20 minutes. The on the go works great no spots whatsoever. I’m sure you will enjoy being able to walk away after final rinse and have a spot free truck.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just got my cubic foot of replacement resin today and emptied the tank of the worn out resin and replaced it. Now back down to a TDS of 001. For those of you that do not have a Deionizer and love to wash your vehicles...this is a must have accessory and one that you'll regret not buying far sooner. You can actually wash a BLACK vehicle in the hot sun...rinse it with the DI water when done and have zero spots. I love my Griot's Garage unit and it has a LIFETIME warranty which is why I went that route. They make very high quality equipment.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I just got my cubic foot of replacement resin today and emptied the tank of the worn out resin and replaced it. Now back down to a TDS of 001. For those of you that do not have a Deionizer and love to wash your vehicles...this is a must have accessory and one that you'll regret not buying far sooner. You can actually wash a BLACK vehicle in the hot sun...rinse it with the DI water when done and have zero spots. I love my Griot's Garage unit and it has a LIFETIME warranty which is why I went that route. They make very high quality equipment.

I am very interested in this unit as I can not wash and dry the truck quick enough without the water drying and getting spots everywhere! My question is can I make this more of a fixed unit by securing it to the wall close to my hose spigot?

Users who are viewing this thread