5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My busy day - exhaust, leveling kit, wheels & tires

shktrk

Reaction score
IMG_20200220_142055_972.jpg

So I started my day off early at the muffler shop. I had them install a Magnaflow 14" muffler (11229). This was a direct cut and replace job. In addition, they installed some 5" black tips. I love the tips, but I cannot stand the exhaust. The overall sound is good but way too loud. The drone is killing me. I even kept the resonators in place in hopes to keep the drone down. I will be going back on Monday to have the 18" or 22" Magnaflow installed.

After that it was a short drive to the suspension shop. They installed a Max Trac 2 1/2" leveling kit (I have a 4x2). Parts, labor, and alignment was less than $300. I would typically do this myself but this was too cheap to pass up. I love it so far.

Lastly, I went to the wheel shop and purchased a set of 20x9 Rebel Racing Offroad wheels. I had them installed on a set of 275/65R20 (about 34x11) Goodyear AT's that I purchased last night for $400 (50 mile take-offs) from a 2020 GMC 3500. Wheels, mount, balance, and TPMS for $500 out the door. I was stoked that my wheels and tires cost less than $1000. Wheels and tires for with no cutting or rubbing.

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 47201

So I started my day off early at the muffler shop. I had them install a Magnaflow 14" muffler (11229). This was a direct cut and replace job. In addition, they installed some 5" black tips. I love the tips, but I cannot stand the exhaust. The overall sound is good but way too loud. The drone is killing me. I even kept the resonators in place in hopes to keep the drone down. I will be going back on Monday to have the 18" or 22" Magnaflow installed.

After that it was a short drive to the suspension shop. They installed a Max Trac 2 1/2" leveling kit (I have a 4x2). Parts, labor, and alignment was less than $300. I would typically do this myself but this was too cheap to pass up. I love it so far.

Lastly, I went to the wheel shop and purchased a set of 20x9 Rebel Racing Offroad wheels. I had them installed on a set of 275/95R20 (about 34x11) Goodyear AT's that I purchased last night for $400 (50 mile take-offs) from a 2020 GMC 3500. Wheels, mount, balance, and TPMS for $500 out the door. I was stoked that my wheels and tires cost less than $1000. Wheels and tires for with no cutting or rubbing.
Looks damn good.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nicely done, but I’m going to assume those tires are 275/65/20 ?

popcenator

Reaction score
Those are the perfect size for a level, I had that on my last truck and it filled the wheel wells perfectly IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Before you swap out the muffler, try temporarily plugging up the weep holes in the rear resonators. You get a lot or low end drone in the 1500rpm range when mds kicks in. Another way to test it without pluggin the weep holes is to engage tow/haul mode or use the gear select to limit it to 8 and that will prevent mds from kicking in. If that solves your problem then you just need to plug/weld those weep holes. If you still find it too loud then you’ll have to swap the muffler.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
View attachment 47201

Lastly, I went to the wheel shop and purchased a set of 20x9 Rebel Racing Offroad wheels. I had them installed on a set of 275/65R20 (about 34x11) Goodyear AT's that I purchased last night for $400 (50 mile take-offs) from a 2020 GMC 3500. Wheels, mount, balance, and TPMS for $500 out the door. I was stoked that my wheels and tires cost less than $1000. Wheels and tires for with no cutting or rubbing.
I added the same muffler as you and also thought it too loud. I then replaced it with a Magnaflow 12259. Sounds great to me now

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 47201

Sweet ride

Users who are viewing this thread