5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Bed CRACKED!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never carry anything in my bed

The truck has about 40k miles. It's very strange. I've asked a few people who wheel with their overland rack, tent, water jug etc and they haven't had this issue.

It's cracked right on the welds of both sides. It's not right at all lol. One day after work I go so tired of thr rattle sound I was hearing so i started shaking the bed, pushing up from under the truck and then I realized my tailgate had a lot of play so it was contributing to the rattle I was hearing. I took off the bed and the rattle reduced significantly, but it was still there. That's when I started looking at the bed very thoroughly and found those cracks. I got some footage of the wobble and sound with my gopro but I'm vacationing in Miami ATM... will post when I get back (y)
@RamRebelSteel: Whatever happened with your cracked sheetmetal near welds in your truck bed?

Users who are viewing this thread