5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My backcountry showed up!

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why not just install clear protective film? Or wrap the lower part in a different color if the metallic black isn't to your taste? Something that can be undone later if needed is the way to go in my opinion.
That is an option too. I’ll put ppf on the front for sure. Eventually maybe go the power coat route but in all honesty, that’s down the line.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Love the Sport hood. Those should have been included in the BackCountry package IMO.
How much was the hood? Do you have a part number handy?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm concerned about the bumpers chipping too. I kinda like the look of the two tone but REALLY don't want to be dealing with keeping black clean ever again, especially down low. Whilst most would say Billet isn't a snazzy/popular color I will tell you I've owned 2 silver Rams and 1 silver mazda 6 that were infinitely easier to keep looking clean and not show every speck of dirt. I've owned several super high maintenance colors I know first hand what's involved. I'm hopefully buying this truck for retirement and would rather spend it doing something other than cleaning my truck once a week. I'm currently in a Machine Gray 6 that is darker/blacker than Granite. I love the way Granite changes colors especially the brown tints. This 6 has made me rethink that. They're close enough. On the other hand my wife had a 2004 Pathfinder in a medium charcoal that overall always looked as clean as my silver ones. Just light enough to not show the dirt and swirls so much.

As far as powder coating the bumpers, I wonder if powder coat on a surface close to clear coated factory finishes would look dull in comparison? Can you put multiple layers with powder? Color coat topped with a clear coat for depth and shine? Can they get the color to really match? Doing wheels that are separate from body panels might not show the subtle difference??? I don't really know, but I have a bunch of questions. I know the lower paint is the Diamond Black. I was really hoping it was just a wrap over the upper color. Would've made things a lot easier.

Whatever happened to ordering EXACTLY what you want and EXACTLY what color??? DAMN bean counters! ( My Dad's was the best generation)

Well, the Rebel has glossy painted parts, but more of a textured powder coat on the bumpers. After thinking about it for a bit, if I was to go with powder coating, I would see about having a bit of texture on it, like the Rebels.

Users who are viewing this thread