5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My backcountry showed up!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think Deeve is referring to the molle webbing that is on the back of the built to serve seats. He’s asking if it is also on the back of the backcountry seats.
Is the webbing not standard on all of the trucks? My truck has it.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the webbing not standard on all of the trucks? My truck has it.
I know my standard bighorn didn’t have it on the factory cloth seats, but it is on the BTS seat covers that I swapped in.

im not positive, but I do not believe it is on the Laramie leather seats either. I don’t remember seeing it last time I was looking at them when at the dealer.

Nachotaco

Reaction score
I think Deeve is referring to the molle webbing that is on the back of the built to serve seats. He’s asking if it is also on the back of the backcountry seats.
Ah, I see. No, that's not in the backcountry.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Waiting on my Backcountry, I assume they(or any other Ram) do not come with wheel locks, correct?

Nachotaco

Reaction score
Mine had wheel lock on it when I picked it up today
We're talking about special keyed lug nuts, right? I wonder why some have them and others don't. I've got 6 standard lug nuts on each wheel.

PepperellFF

Reaction score
We're talking about special keyed lug nuts, right? I wonder why some have them and others don't. I've got 6 standard lug nuts on each wheel.
Yes I had the "special keyed" wheel lug nuts on my truck. They were added by the dealer prior to my arrival

mophead

Reaction score
Great looking truck! Wish I could order a granite in a quad.

Question on the lower black color. Looking at the RAM site rendering and also noticing it on yours, The black stops abruptly at the back of the quarter not wrapping around to the area behind the bumper. Make my day and tell me the lower black is a wrap???? And you being a body guy... it can be removed??? AND the upper paint is underneath??? I'm thinking I'd like to lose the black, especially since I can't order granite or a Sport with a quad. Thinking I could powder the bumpers and be done.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score

Question on the lower black color. Looking at the RAM site rendering and also noticing it on yours, The black stops abruptly at the back of the quarter not wrapping around to the area behind the bumper. Make my day and tell me the lower black is a wrap???? And you being a body guy... it can be removed??? AND the upper paint is underneath??? I'm thinking I'd like to lose the black, especially since I can't order granite or a Sport with a quad. Thinking I could powder the bumpers and be done.

Backcountry is two-tone paint. Lower part is Diamond Black Crystal. Not possible to order in a single color.

The paint does continue along the side behind the rear bumper. Renderings are never accurate.

mophead

Reaction score
Backcountry is two-tone paint. Lower part is Diamond Black Crystal. Not possible to order in a single color.

The paint does continue along the side behind the rear bumper. Renderings are never accurate.
Thanks. Hopes dashed but now I know.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I was actually thinking of potentially powder coating the bumpers on my BackCountry at some point if they are steal under the paint. They are pretty rare around here and the one I saw I didnt think to check. I think the paint will quickly get pitted. I like the look of the Rebel two tone paint but the powder coated bumpers.

mophead

Reaction score
I was actually thinking of potentially powder coating the bumpers on my BackCountry at some point if they are steal under the paint. They are pretty rare around here and the one I saw I didnt think to check. I think the paint will quickly get pitted. I like the look of the Rebel two tone paint but the powder coated bumpers.
I'm concerned about the bumpers chipping too. I kinda like the look of the two tone but REALLY don't want to be dealing with keeping black clean ever again, especially down low. Whilst most would say Billet isn't a snazzy/popular color I will tell you I've owned 2 silver Rams and 1 silver mazda 6 that were infinitely easier to keep looking clean and not show every speck of dirt. I've owned several super high maintenance colors I know first hand what's involved. I'm hopefully buying this truck for retirement and would rather spend it doing something other than cleaning my truck once a week. I'm currently in a Machine Gray 6 that is darker/blacker than Granite. I love the way Granite changes colors especially the brown tints. This 6 has made me rethink that. They're close enough. On the other hand my wife had a 2004 Pathfinder in a medium charcoal that overall always looked as clean as my silver ones. Just light enough to not show the dirt and swirls so much.

As far as powder coating the bumpers, I wonder if powder coat on a surface close to clear coated factory finishes would look dull in comparison? Can you put multiple layers with powder? Color coat topped with a clear coat for depth and shine? Can they get the color to really match? Doing wheels that are separate from body panels might not show the subtle difference??? I don't really know, but I have a bunch of questions. I know the lower paint is the Diamond Black. I was really hoping it was just a wrap over the upper color. Would've made things a lot easier.

Whatever happened to ordering EXACTLY what you want and EXACTLY what color??? DAMN bean counters! ( My Dad's was the best generation)
1649204132153.png

Last edited:

Yankee Echo

Reaction score

I'm concerned about the bumpers chipping too. I kinda like the look of the two tone but REALLY don't want to be dealing with keeping black clean ever again, especially down low.

Why not just install clear protective film? Or wrap the lower part in a different color if the metallic black isn't to your taste? Something that can be undone later if needed is the way to go in my opinion.

mophead

Reaction score
Why not just install clear protective film? Or wrap the lower part in a different color if the metallic black isn't to your taste? Something that can be undone later if needed is the way to go in my opinion.
Considering just that. If the black was just a wrap with top color under, I'd still wrap it to protect the lower. Wondering how much the film would reduce maintenance and/or shine with leaving it black too. Just trying to figure out all my options. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread