5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2019 Ram Nightmare is Finally Over

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, after the clunking saga and even more concerning rear main seal oil leak fiasco that required the whole drivetrain to be removed and reinstalled at 1,800 miles, I went after FCA with an attorney and have finally been awarded a (nice) settlement.

As part of the settlement I got to keep the truck, but this thing IMO is a bucket O’ bolts. I have zero confidence left. Today I bought a brand new Silverado 2500HD Duramax which I hope serves me much better than this Ram has... It would be hard-pressed to be more of a POS than my RAM.

If anyone at RAM sees this, I want them to know they have lost a loyal customer (3 FCA vehicles) for a long time, maybe forever.

For everyone else, if you’re having major issues, lawyer up and go after these people. They will lie and try to cheat you at every corner. It sucks, takes time and effort and persistence, but you can be made whole again. If anyone has questions about Lemon Law myself or @alacombe are resources for you.

Pardon my venting, but I have finally washed my hands of this and it’s a breath of fresh air. I hope no one here encounters major issues, although it sounds like some of us are. Some of this stuff really is unacceptable. Anyways, I’m here for anyone that needs information and I wish everybody the best with their trucks!
Congrats on the new truck! Glad my assistance could help you also

jk101

Reaction score
Glad you were made whole after the lawsuit. It's a shame that you have to lawyer up to get a manufacturer to stand by their product.
I've been thinking about selling my '16 Silverado Midnight Edition, with absolutely ZERO issues, and getting a '19 RAM Limited but to be honest I'm starting to get cold feet. I realize FCA is selling a ton of these and those with issues may be in the minority but what I read on this, and other, forums has me thinking wait until 2020 and see if they can iron out some of this crap.

Good Luck with your new ride!!

immersivenc

Reaction score
Glad you were made whole after the lawsuit. It's a shame that you have to lawyer up to get a manufacturer to stand by their product.
I've been thinking about selling my '16 Silverado Midnight Edition, with absolutely ZERO issues, and getting a '19 RAM Limited but to be honest I'm starting to get cold feet. I realize FCA is selling a ton of these and those with issues may be in the minority but what I read on this, and other, forums has me thinking wait until 2020 and see if they can iron out some of this crap.

Good Luck with your new ride!!

My opinion and a few bucks will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks, but I would advise you to hang on to your problem free truck and give FCA a year or so to iron this design out. Trust me, you do not wanna go through what I went through. I feel like I had realistic expectations of potential issues, but this thing far exceeded my expectations in all the wrong ways. Thanks for the well wishes!

JoeRam

Reaction score
I know the feeling of a bad unit and glad it all worked out in the end. Similar story, thankfully mine did not require lawyers.
I actually opted out of a ‘16 Ram Limited with all the bells and whistles for a ‘18 F250 superduty Platinum. As it turned out the truck was just a bad unit from the get go. Excessive vibration when towing ( shop foreman was totally shocked how bad it was and everythIng on the truck was within spec), tailgate was replaced twice, remote start occasionally would not work (yes it had fuel) and more. I was extremely pleased that the Ford dealership also owns Chrysler/Ram dealerships and in the end they made me whole and now enjoying my ‘19 Limited.
Sadly the manufactures win regardless of our complaints and issues. A couple of bad units that they wash their hands of and the move on.

MGM 45acp

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! Glad my assistance could help you also
I would not put down the FCA, i have a Ram and it has been a perfect Truck. You can get a lemon in anything, and every dealer will treat you the same, I have owned Ford, Chevy, and Ram, and my Ram has been the best, My Chevy was the worst, 25 times to the dealer, and ford wasn't much better. Then i have owned some chevy's and Ford's that were great. Lemons in Everything, I have owned 2 Rams and so far they have been great, but the next Ram i get may be a lemon, hope not but you never know

professorwest

Reaction score
I agree with others ... Its luck of the draw sometimes, and unfortunately in order to minimize the behavior, companies will generally fight this tooth and nail to keep the volume down. Every car manufacturer has stories like this .. Ford, GM, Tesla, etc... its part of the deal. Consumer protection laws are put into place just for this purpose. Does it cost companies - sure does ... but like most things in this world. If it hasn't happened to you, it doesn't happen. :)

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
I agree with others ... Its luck of the draw sometimes, and unfortunately in order to minimize the behavior, companies will generally fight this tooth and nail to keep the volume down. Every car manufacturer has stories like this .. Ford, GM, Tesla, etc... its part of the deal. Consumer protection laws are put into place just for this purpose. Does it cost companies - sure does ... but like most things in this world. If it hasn't happened to you, it doesn't happen. :)
Yes, something to be said for luck of the draw. I have a friend that is fortunate enough to to own a Tesla and fortunate enough to absorb the bleeding of money that has come with it. But for most of us, it can be a difficult time investing this much into something that fails us. Had my 1st build passed, I may have been in the same boat as Immersivenc. My dealership rep thinks my 1st build failed because of a leaking rear end. So I am fortunate that the truck I finally got has been problem free and everything I thought it would be.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was your truck low on fuel when it died after remote start, it's designed to shut off if remote startd and the fuel level is below a certain level
No. I fill my truck up at half a tank. It does like others with the issue of rough idle . Mine had been fine for a while but I didn’t drive it for about 4 days. I’m pretty familiar with what you mentioned I have had a ram with remote start for the last 10 years

professorwest

Reaction score
Yes, something to be said for luck of the draw. I have a friend that is fortunate enough to to own a Tesla and fortunate enough to absorb the bleeding of money that has come with it. But for most of us, it can be a difficult time investing this much into something that fails us. Had my 1st build passed, I may have been in the same boat as Immersivenc. My dealership rep thinks my 1st build failed because of a leaking rear end. So I am fortunate that the truck I finally got has been problem free and everything I thought it would be.

Yea, Just google the Chevy Shake and see the thousands of complaints on Chevy / GMC trucks. I believe a class action lawsuit is in the works

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sorry to hear but it looks like you've been made whole in the end. Congrats on the new truck. It's beautiful.

Cheers,

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Well, after the clunking saga and even more concerning rear main seal oil leak fiasco that required the whole drivetrain to be removed and reinstalled at 1,800 miles, I went after FCA with an attorney and have finally been awarded a (nice) settlement.

As part of the settlement I got to keep the truck, but this thing IMO is a bucket O’ bolts. I have zero confidence left. Today I bought a brand new Silverado 2500HD Duramax which I hope serves me much better than this Ram has... It would be hard-pressed to be more of a POS than my RAM.

If anyone at RAM sees this, I want them to know they have lost a loyal customer (3 FCA vehicles) for a long time, maybe forever.

For everyone else, if you’re having major issues, lawyer up and go after these people. They will lie and try to cheat you at every corner. It sucks, takes time and effort and persistence, but you can be made whole again. If anyone has questions about Lemon Law myself or @alacombe are resources for you.

Pardon my venting, but I have finally washed my hands of this and it’s a breath of fresh air. I hope no one here encounters major issues, although it sounds like some of us are. Some of this stuff really is unacceptable. Anyways, I’m here for anyone that needs information and I wish everybody the best with their trucks!

Sorry for how all this went. Glad it work out it the end.

So you got to keep the truck? Seeing as how you hate it so much and don't trust it, I'll take it off your hands for you.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, Just google the Chevy Shake and see the thousands of complaints on Chevy / GMC trucks. I believe a class action lawsuit is in the works
Class action has been in the works since 2015, still never came to fruition. I lived with the Chevy shake for 3.5 years, it will be a very long time if ever before I'll consider purchasing another GM product.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Class action has been in the works since 2015, still never came to fruition. I lived with the Chevy shake for 3.5 years, it will be a very long time if ever before I'll consider purchasing another GM product.

It's interesting how two people can have the same vehicle and have totally different experiences. I'm not sure if that speaks to QC issues or just the nature of producing cars and trucks with such volume, there's going to be a bad one every once in a while. It's hard to go back to something when you've had a horrible experience, just as you did with your Chevy. I regretted purchasing the '19 RAM from very early on. Nonstop issues, FCA gave me the runaround, countless trips to the dealership, it really was a total mess. At times, it seemed like it would never end and that I was going to be stuck with a defective $60k truck. Thank goodness for consumer protection laws, I have a whole new appreciation for Lemon Law recourse. It was my only hope.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that these things happen. Hopefully you will have a trouble free run with the Chevy. A truck is a truck is a truck... as long as you get a good one, no matter the logo on the tailgate. All the best to you.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's interesting how two people can have the same vehicle and have totally different experiences. I'm not sure if that speaks to QC issues or just the nature of producing cars and trucks with such volume, there's going to be a bad one every once in a while. It's hard to go back to something when you've had a horrible experience, just as you did with your Chevy. I regretted purchasing the '19 RAM from very early on. Nonstop issues, FCA gave me the runaround, countless trips to the dealership, it really was a total mess. At times, it seemed like it would never end and that I was going to be stuck with a defective $60k truck. Thank goodness for consumer protection laws, I have a whole new appreciation for Lemon Law recourse. It was my only hope.

Pretty much the case. I'm a mechanical engineer by profession and worked in manufacturing for quite a few years. when have an assembly consisting of 1000s of parts, each part has it's own acceptable tolerance. A few parts and piece at the far edge of their tolerance is usually not an issue. Every once in a while you get an assembly with all of it parts to the extreme of their acceptable tolerance and the total affect is greater than the sum aka a lemon just issue after issue. It sucks but it happens ideally you engineer most of the potentials out but you also look at statistics and costs to mitigate. If the likely hood is very low and the cost is high you take your chances on failures. Its not that engineers can't deliver a bullet proof product, it's that it's bad for parts and service departments.

Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. You should be fine with the 2500. They are solid. Cant say the same for the 1500's. Chevy shake victim here. I hired an attorney and wasted a lot of time dealing with GMC's "expedited review process" which is latin for "slow walk". Never got GM to even admit there was a problem and thank god my dealer stepped up and gave me a good deal to trade to Ram. Absolutely love it!

Polaris Man

Reaction score
My wife's uncles brand new Duramax doesn't down shift out of 6th gear, he has had the run around with them constantly saying thenteanny needs to learn how you drive. Her grandpas brand new duramax isn't having that issue. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread