5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2019 Ram Nightmare is Finally Over

immersivenc

Reaction score
Well, after the clunking saga and even more concerning rear main seal oil leak fiasco that required the whole drivetrain to be removed and reinstalled at 1,800 miles, I went after FCA with an attorney and have finally been awarded a (nice) settlement.

As part of the settlement I got to keep the truck, but this thing IMO is a bucket O’ bolts. I have zero confidence left. Today I bought a brand new Silverado 2500HD Duramax which I hope serves me much better than this Ram has... It would be hard-pressed to be more of a POS than my RAM.

If anyone at RAM sees this, I want them to know they have lost a loyal customer (3 FCA vehicles) for a long time, maybe forever.

For everyone else, if you’re having major issues, lawyer up and go after these people. They will lie and try to cheat you at every corner. It sucks, takes time and effort and persistence, but you can be made whole again. If anyone has questions about Lemon Law myself or @alacombe are resources for you.

Pardon my venting, but I have finally washed my hands of this and it’s a breath of fresh air. I hope no one here encounters major issues, although it sounds like some of us are. Some of this stuff really is unacceptable. Anyways, I’m here for anyone that needs information and I wish everybody the best with their trucks!

Attachments

• F440D84E-87D5-4385-A9A1-0ECF450D1ABB.jpeg
    F440D84E-87D5-4385-A9A1-0ECF450D1ABB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 259

Mason1217

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you've given up on FCA, but I'm glad you're happy now and can finally enjoy driving a new truck. Also, happy it's not a Tundra lol, as a UAW employee I'm glad you stayed in the big 3.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you've given up on FCA, but I'm glad you're happy now and can finally enjoy driving a new truck. Also, happy it's not a Tundra lol, as a UAW employee I'm glad you stayed in the big 3.

Tundra? Ew NOOOO! Haha

cjmst23

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your story. I exercised the lemon law on a chevy 8 years ago. Sometimes you just get a bad one....doesnt mean they're all bad.

Love my Ram.

Good luck!

immersivenc

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your story. I exercised the lemon law on a chevy 8 years ago. Sometimes you just get a bad one....doesnt mean they're all bad.

Love my Ram.

Good luck!

100%. Don't mean to convey that they're all bad. I most definitely got a bad one. I think every major manufacturer has their share of bad apples. I wish you a trouble free experience with your RAM, they sure are beautiful trucks.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Had issues with our 17 Cummins but I don't wanna be suing my employer so I traded it and let someone else deal with the headaches. Sucks it had to turn out this way for ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

immersivenc

Reaction score
Had issues with our 17 Cummings but I don't wanna be suing my employer so I traded it and let someone else deal with the headaches. Sucks it had to turn out this way for ya.

Thanks, as they say, all is well that ends well. I can't help myself, if you work for FCA you must know the correct spelling of "Cummins" ;)

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, after the clunking saga and even more concerning rear main seal oil leak fiasco that required the whole drivetrain to be removed and reinstalled at 1,800 miles, I went after FCA with an attorney and have finally been awarded a (nice) settlement.

As part of the settlement I got to keep the truck, but this thing IMO is a bucket O’ bolts. I have zero confidence left. Today I bought a brand new Silverado 2500HD Duramax which I hope serves me much better than this Ram has... It would be hard-pressed to be more of a POS than my RAM.

If anyone at RAM sees this, I want them to know they have lost a loyal customer (3 FCA vehicles) for a long time, maybe forever.

For everyone else, if you’re having major issues, lawyer up and go after these people. They will lie and try to cheat you at every corner. It sucks, takes time and effort and persistence, but you can be made whole again. If anyone has questions about Lemon Law myself or @alacombe are resources for you.

Pardon my venting, but I have finally washed my hands of this and it’s a breath of fresh air. I hope no one here encounters major issues, although it sounds like some of us are. Some of this stuff really is unacceptable. Anyways, I’m here for anyone that needs information and I wish everybody the best with their trucks!

That 2500 should be pretty solid, It's underlying frame, suspension and a lot of the drivetrain is pretty old but solid. I had GM before had some issues that steered me away from buying another and watched on the forums as multiple guys battled GM for lemon law and buybacks on their half tons because of the infamous "Chevy shake" your dealings with FCA remind me a lot of their dealings with GM. They all jumped ship and went to Ford or Ram and a few bought Tundras. Sucks that the Ram didn't work out hopefully you enjoy your new truck. Nothing worse than driving a truck you hate day after day, I did it for 3 years before I finally traded out of it.

immersivenc

Reaction score
That 2500 should be pretty solid, It's underlying frame, suspension and a lot of the drivetrain is pretty old but solid. I had GM before had some issues that steered me away from buying another and watched on the forums as multiple guys battled GM for lemon law and buybacks on their half tons because of the infamous "Chevy shake" your dealings with FCA remind me a lot of their dealings with GM. They all jumped ship and went to Ford or Ram and a few bought Tundras. Sucks that the Ram didn't work out hopefully you enjoy your new truck. Nothing worse than driving a truck you hate day after day, I did it for 3 years before I finally traded out of it.

Thanks, I sure hope it will work out better for me. I fully investigated the Chevy Shake before buying and from my research it's been resolved and folks that think they have it now usually find out it's just tires.

When you start fuming every time you see your truck in the driveway, it's time to let it go and move on. Sounds like you know the feeling.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I sure hope it will work out better for me. I fully investigated the Chevy Shake before buying and from my research it's been resolved and folks that think they have it now usually find out it's just tires.

When you start fuming every time you see your truck in the driveway, it's time to let it go and move on. Sounds like you know the feeling.
Yes sir, I had the Chevy shake but it didn't quite vibrate bad enough for them to do anything, then a bunch of other issues hated the truck how I was treated and was basically done with GM.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Dude, I hope you find happiness with your new truck. You certainly tried hard to make the Ram work, I applaud you for that... it’s too bad they couldn’t pony up early for you instead of dragging it all out. They lost a good customer I think. Good luck with your Silverado, my best friend is a Chevy guy.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Dude, I hope you find happiness with your new truck. You certainly tried hard to make the Ram work, I applaud you for that... it’s too bad they couldn’t pony up early for you instead of dragging it all out. They lost a good customer I think. Good luck with your Silverado, my best friend is a Chevy guy.

Thanks! I totally agree, FCA could have done some damage control early on but they didn't care. I didn't go into this RAM blind... I expected some stuff here and there. Nearly 30 days out of service with less than 3,000 on the clock was certainly more than I bargained for. I think I drove it back and forth to the service dept more times than I drove it anywhere else. Appreciate the well wishes.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out. I have owned 3 Silverado’s and they are good trucks. Never owned one with the Duramax, but the 6.2 is a workhorse. Was heading Chevy way myself, just was disappointed with the 19 vs what Ram had to offer. I understand your decision, best of luck.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hope the new truck performs and gives you the reliability you desire. It’s tough to buy a new truck and have constant issues. We al are paying an exorbitant amount for these trucks these days. Hell even a tradesman is 30-40k. I bought a 2011 F150 limited for 42 k and it was fully loaded with a 6.2l V8

Your problems were many and documented and I definitely agree that after a fiasco like yours confidence can be lost. Sometimes after that the only way to ever be whole again or feel good about the payment you’re making is to buy another truck.

I don’t ever try to minimize or make other’s problems out to be less than or seem not as important as they are to the person experiencing them. We all have our own versions of ocd and expectations. We shouldn’t feel bad or be reprimanded when we vent about our frustrations we are experiencing with our trucks. We come here to vent to one let others know to be on the look out. Two to see if it’s something common three to get guidance and input.

I’m happy with my truck right now. It’s been serving me well after the clunk. Mine died this morning upon remote starting it. FCA definitely has some issues if they are still shipping trucks with grommets not installed to me if that’s still an issue then that is not very inspiring. Also not a good sign that if they can’t get that fixed then what else can they not get correctled. I’ll drive his truck for a couple of years if I can but I too am driving it waiting for the next issue where as my old truck I drove waiting for the next oil change. If I can’t wait then I’ll jump to a Ford super duty.

FCA had a great opportunity to take number two over and may still but it will remain to be seen if it will be maintained. People are buying these trucks But they are happy with them? I have had issues and none have required a dealer yet but I will be going to get all the updates that the truck needs.

Anyways enjoy the Chevy and please keep us up to date here about your new truck so we know how green the grass is over there.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Hope the new truck performs and gives you the reliability you desire. It’s tough to buy a new truck and have constant issues. We al are paying an exorbitant amount for these trucks these days. Hell even a tradesman is 30-40k. I bought a 2011 F150 limited for 42 k and it was fully loaded with a 6.2l V8

Your problems were many and documented and I definitely agree that after a fiasco like yours confidence can be lost. Sometimes after that the only way to ever be whole again or feel good about the payment you’re making is to buy another truck.

I don’t ever try to minimize or make other’s problems out to be less than or seem not as important as they are to the person experiencing them. We all have our own versions of ocd and expectations. We shouldn’t feel bad or be reprimanded when we vent about our frustrations we are experiencing with our trucks. We come here to vent to one let others know to be on the look out. Two to see if it’s something common three to get guidance and input.

I’m happy with my truck right now. It’s been serving me well after the clunk. Mine died this morning upon remote starting it. FCA definitely has some issues if they are still shipping trucks with grommets not installed to me if that’s still an issue then that is not very inspiring. Also not a good sign that if they can’t get that fixed then what else can they not get correctled. I’ll drive his truck for a couple of years if I can but I too am driving it waiting for the next issue where as my old truck I drove waiting for the next oil change. If I can’t wait then I’ll jump to a Ford super duty.

FCA had a great opportunity to take number two over and may still but it will remain to be seen if it will be maintained. People are buying these trucks But they are happy with them? I have had issues and none have required a dealer yet but I will be going to get all the updates that the truck needs.

Anyways enjoy the Chevy and please keep us up to date here about your new truck so we know how green the grass is over there.

Right on, I hope you have an amazing experience with your truck and get your issues resolved. I think they definitely have some kinks to work out. It's such a great concept, this RAM is the nicest most luxurious truck money can buy! At least in my case, the execution is where they fell flat and I do hope they can get this platform where it needs to be on the reliability. I think this thing has tons of potential.

I have been a Chevy hater for a long time, a Ram and Ford guy, never owned a Chevrolet. I go into this new rig optimistic in hopes of a happy ending to what was my first experience owning a pick up.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Was your truck low on fuel when it died after remote start, it's designed to shut off if remote startd and the fuel level is below a certain level

Users who are viewing this thread