5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2019 Limited became a zombie overnight :-D

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
So interesting thing seems to have happened to may baby. Went out yesterday morning and my key fob wasn't working. Grabbed my wife's fob and same thing. All the doors were unlocked which isn't normal. When I opened the door to get in, the sidestep extended like normal so I knew it wasn't a dead battery. Dash displayed press brake to start but when I did nothing happened. Didn't even get a message that the key fob was missing.

First thing I did was swap in a fresh battery for my remote, same thing. Grabbed my battery tester and confirmed what I already knew, my battery is in good health and was near full capacity.

Tried pressing the start button with the key fob, nothing. Tried disconnecting the battery cables and keeping them together to reset the computer, nothing. As luck would have it, I had picked up a new H7/94R battery for my wife's SUV so I even tried swapping out the battery, which I knew wouldn't do anything but hey it was worth a shot even if it had less of a chance than a Hail Mary. :rolleyes:

Roadside Assistance just picked it up and its on its way back to the dealership, thank goodness for an extended warranty.

Has anyone experienced this?

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Similar to what happened to my truck - only since it was locked every time the door was opened the alarm went off. Issue was a fried RF hub. Since it was fried it could not communicate with the keys.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
You RF Hub is probably fried. Is your rear window leaking?

Similar to what happened to my truck - only since it was locked every time the door was opened the alarm went off. Issue was a fried RF hub. Since it was fried it could not communicate with the keys.
Thanks for the info. Knock on wood, I haven't seen any signs of leaking. I remember reading about the leak issue when I first got it and was super paranoid about it and would check constantly.

Fingers crossed, I just got off the phone with the dealership and if they can, they'll try to get it in today but most likely it will be Monday before I have news.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You running a Tazer on this truck?

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The tech checked for water on mine and there wasn't any sign of leaks either. Apparently mine just went bad. Hope they figure out it quickly for you, it took my dealer over a week to diagnose the issue.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You have a 2019 with an original rear window frame that is not leaking!
Not saying that is not possible, but yeah, my bet is also on the RF hub.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes the battery has just enough juice left to deploy a step. Hopefully you started with potting it on a charger to eliminate that concern!

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Sometimes the battery has just enough juice left to deploy a step. Hopefully you started with potting it on a charger to eliminate that concern!
With it being a 5yr old battery, one of the first things I did was put a tester on it to ensure it wasn't the problem. Battery health was reporting 95% with an 89% charge. Plus I swapped it out with a brand new battery and got the same results.

Users who are viewing this thread