5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2 year experiment is over. RAM is dead to me. Going to FORD

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the LEASED vehicle you were actively talking about back in September of 2019??
First it's leased....now it's bought under his company...? I'm sorry...I'm starting to not buy into any of this. There's no way anyone with half a brain would deal with such issues for 2 years without getting a replacement vehicle from RAM.

Truthdecay

Reaction score
Is the LEASED vehicle you were actively talking about back in September of 2019??
You are correct

Truthdecay

Reaction score
Easily fixed with lemon law, whether under you or your company. Why you dealt with this for two year is beyond me.
I tried arbitration.. In Canada its arbitration but that option isn't available when its purchased as a company vehicle. Only works if its a personal one.

Truthdecay

Reaction score
First it's leased....now it's bought under his company...? I'm sorry...I'm starting to not buy into any of this. There's no way anyone with half a brain would deal with such issues for 2 years without getting a replacement vehicle from RAM.
When I say bought. I mean leased- it was purchased as lease. I make payments- its bought by me for 2 years. Don't beleive me. I don't care.

Truthdecay

Reaction score
Well, I've had MANY Ford trucks, GMs, Rams, and even some Nissan and Toyota. I can honestly say that my dealership experience has been WAY better with Ram/Jeep than it has Ford. Ford shops are awful. They try to deny any warranty work they can. Hell, the last F-150 I had was a 2013 and in four short years it developed rust on the cab corner that was so bad the paint was falling off. They said they couldn't warranty it because it wasn't a gaping hole that you could see through yet. I should have pushed a hole in it with my fingers before I took it in. Scum bags...

Rams are the best trucks I've ever owned. Fewest issues with those, and when I do have issues it's easier to get fixed.
Hey, thats great. If you get good service with one dealer, no matter what company, stick with it. Any car you purchase could be a lemon. RAM could have handled it better- I called then about 30 times. They blew me off, won't consider trade in (didn't even have to be new to me). So with that being said- I'll go to a different dealer and different company and try my luck with someone else. Hope it turns out. I'll lease again for 2 years to see if it pans out. If the vehicle sucks, then I won't do a buyout. You guys have all been nice to me here. Very helpful.. Its good to belong to a forum like this that helps each other out. Good luck guys.. Have a great rest of the year.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
Sucks and I get your frustration, but every manufacturer sometimes produces a bad one. For me it was my 2015 GMC Sierra (purchased in 2016) that was bought back under lemon laws. Purchased a 2019 RAM (purchased in 2018) and just rolled 37,000 miles and nothing but oil changes and a couple very minor issues. In fact, probably most reliable truck I’ve ever owned after two years of ownership. Good news is with used truck prices, I’d think your sitting pretty well to buy it out from your lease and trade it on the Ford/Chevy. Should come out ahead. Good luck!

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I tried arbitration.. In Canada its arbitration but that option isn't available when its purchased as a company vehicle. Only works if its a personal one.

There are no other laws to protect the consumer? Could sue under breach of contract as well.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^This can't be said enough^^

Going to ford is a good choice. Just be aware of their issues as well. Don't know if I'd buy and ecoboost but maybe the only choice since they've been having problems with the 5.0 engine. Don't know if ford fixed those manufacturing problems yet. I think the 5th gen RAMs will be better as the design ages and things are figured out. I have no real loyalty to any product (have a mustang summer car) except I won't touch GM.
Nothing wrong with the new ecoboost motors, just make sure to get an extended factory warranty for the turbos. I’d have bought a Ford back in April 19’ when I went with RAM however Ford was $10K higher for a similar trim. If Ford drops their prices to match or even get close to RAM then it would be a good comparison. I’d still not pay very much extra for an F150 unless you like the new hybrid/generator feature.

JeffPA

Reaction score
Had a 2018 Raptor...traded it on a 2019 Raptor because I wanted the new Recaro seats and the new bead lock wheels. Biggest POS I ever owned. Ate oil...dash crapped out for no reason...electronics stayed on well after the truck shut. I was always a Ram/Dodge guy...bought the Raptor because I thought they looked cool. Never buy another Ford truck again. Loving my new 2020 Ram Limited...until I can afford a TRX.

Truckit

Reaction score
Can't get out of a lease once it was signed. No trolling.
If you can't get out of your lease and into a new one, you have the wrong dealer. Yes, even in Canada. With used values so high it is silly to complain about a truck rather than move a lemon down the road. My daughter paid $53700 for a 2019 5th gen Ram, drove for 14 months and 30,000 kms and sold it at the dealer auction for $50200. My sister in law just sold a 2020 with 4000kms at auction and got more than she paid new. Time for a dealer that cares!

COSPILOT

Reaction score
I’m convinced people saying you can’t treat a lease like a normal loan have never leased a vehicle. Having leased more than a dozen, it’s really nothing different than a normal specific to paying it off if desired. Simple and easy. No such thing as paying the remainder of all payments plus the buyout.
Walk into any dealership if you desire to trade and just like a loan they will happily find out the payoff of the lease. Biggest non issue. What a lease offers is a fixed price at the end of the lease, and depending on the market at that time that can work to your advantage or the bank. I knew when I leased a brand new fully loaded Land Rover I would be buying at the end of the lease, that nice LR3 is now 14 years old with 160K miles. I’ve also leased plenty of Fords and Audi’s. Plus I worked in car sales way back in the day. Leasing is fantastic under the right circumstances. But misinformation from some leads me to believe some have no clue...

Users who are viewing this thread