5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2 year experiment is over. RAM is dead to me. Going to FORD

Truthdecay

Reaction score
This is the worst truck I've ever owned.
Having it in the shop for 2 months straight because they couldn't figure out why my ABS and sensors wouldn't work
Having the backup cam not work when it rains
Having the stop/start button not work 1 out of 3 times when I push it.
Having the radio not shut off when shutting off the truck and having to constantly hit the start engine button 2 more times to shut it off.
Having the radio sound not come through the speakers and having to turn the truck off and on numerous times to get it to work
Having snow come through the air vents and having dodge say its not a real issue- just condensation from shutting the truck off

I've had it. RAM has treated me like **** and did nothing, when I complained. I couldn't do arbitration because I bought it under my company.
I'm out. Keep the dodge's. My family will never own another one.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry about your issues, happens sometimes, you get a lemon.

I'm on both the Ford and GM forums because we also have those in the family, there are people that come post similar threads for F150s and Silverados, and they are going to another brand.

As angry as you are with your truck, I think this is more of a case of getting another truck than another brand. Getting rid of that lemon you have. But I think what probably is true about FCA issue is the dealership experience. FCA has the worst customer service ratings in the industry barring Land Rover. Ford and GM are offering vastly better dealership ratings. This is where moving will likely improve your chances, along with simply getting another truck that hopefully isn't a lemon.

realralfy

Reaction score
Sorry about your issues, happens sometimes, you get a lemon.

I'm on both the Ford and GM forums because we also have those in the family, there are people that come post similar threads for F150s and Silverados, and they are going to another brand.

As angry as you are with your truck, I think this is more of a case of getting another truck than another brand. Getting rid of that lemon you have. But I think what probably is true about FCA issue is the dealership experience. FCA has the worst customer service ratings in the industry barring Land Rover. Ford and GM are offering vastly better dealership ratings. This is where moving will likely improve your chances, along with simply getting another truck that hopefully isn't a lemon.
Agreed, I love my Ram....but the dealership experience is terrible. They are scumbags

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agreed, I love my Ram....but the dealership experience is terrible. They are scumbags

Yup, pretty scary reading the Yelp reviews of my local dealerships. Yelp is rarely nice to dealerships, but the reviews are especially low when it comes to FCA dealerships. This is why I do my own oil changes.

Simply put, FCA has sold more Chargers/Challengers, Jeep and trucks than their dealerships can service properly.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having it in the shop for 2 months straight because they couldn't figure out why my ABS and sensors wouldn't work
Having the radio not shut off when shutting off the truck and having to constantly hit the start engine button 2 more times to shut it off.
Having the radio sound not come through the speakers and having to turn the truck off and on numerous times to get it to work
Having snow come through the air vents and having dodge say its not a real issue- just condensation from shutting the truck off

I've had it. RAM has treated me like **** and did nothing, when I complained. I couldn't do arbitration because I bought it under my company.

Good plan. Send this on up to FCA, and list the name of the dealership. Then CC that dealership.

Good dealers exist. You got a bad truck and a bad dealer.

jth877

Reaction score

^^This can't be said enough^^

Going to ford is a good choice. Just be aware of their issues as well. Don't know if I'd buy and ecoboost but maybe the only choice since they've been having problems with the 5.0 engine. Don't know if ford fixed those manufacturing problems yet. I think the 5th gen RAMs will be better as the design ages and things are figured out. I have no real loyalty to any product (have a mustang summer car) except I won't touch GM.

hoodac78

Reaction score
Every brand has their issues. I had a 2016 F150 with a long list of items: IWE's repaired 5 times (includes wheel hubs, vacuum system etc), transfer case, differential (first the bearings, then a full replacement), door latches that didn't latch when it got cold out. I did like the truck however I just got tired of it always being in the shop........a guy gets to a point where he just doesn't trust his vehicle anymore. All that being said, I might buy another Ford in the future. I've learned to "never say never". I came back to Ram because the price was right and the truck was right and I needed a change. In any case, wish you all the best with the new one. I hope it gives you many trouble free miles!

CPenn1086

Reaction score
FCA is the same accross the board, I have owned more Jeeps then I can count and the dealership experience is an absolute joke. I guess we will see what happens with Ram.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
I agree with you guys about the RAM dealerships. I've always drove F-150s. purchased all from the same dealer and had zero issues with the service they provide me.
Decided I wanted something different and really like the new RAM body style. But 35,000 miles later, weird issues a plenty, and not a single good experience from the three dealerships I've used for service I'm headed back to Ford after this. Had RAM had the service behind this, I think it would be different. I really like the truck but sick of the service/dealerships.
This is the most expensive truck I've purchased and received the poorest treatment from the dealers. I've never even been offered a loaner vehicle, much less receive any quality work.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
I've never even been offered a loaner vehicle, much less receive any quality work.
The dealership I purchased from forced me to sign a document stating I agree that they will NEVER provide a loaner vehicle.

Wasn't going to let that stop the deal (especially since it wasn't my local dealership), but regardless I thought that was pretty crazy.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I've had MANY Ford trucks, GMs, Rams, and even some Nissan and Toyota. I can honestly say that my dealership experience has been WAY better with Ram/Jeep than it has Ford. Ford shops are awful. They try to deny any warranty work they can. Hell, the last F-150 I had was a 2013 and in four short years it developed rust on the cab corner that was so bad the paint was falling off. They said they couldn't warranty it because it wasn't a gaping hole that you could see through yet. I should have pushed a hole in it with my fingers before I took it in. Scum bags...

Rams are the best trucks I've ever owned. Fewest issues with those, and when I do have issues it's easier to get fixed.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The dealership I purchased from forced me to sign a document stating I agree that they will NEVER provide a loaner vehicle.

Wasn't going to let that stop the deal (especially since it wasn't my local dealership), but regardless I thought that was pretty crazy.
Yeah, that is crazy, and doesn't make any sense. What good does it do to have you sign something which states what another party will or will not provide? Loaner vehicles provided by a dealership are 100% in the dealer's control. You have zero control over that. Were you agreeing to never request one? There is no way I would ever sign something like that when buying a car or truck. I would have smiled, waved goodbye, and driven to another dealership. I'm not even sure it's legal for them to require you to sign a form like that as a condition of purchase.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I certainly understand why you decided to try another brand. Unfortunately all car makers produce an occasional lemon, but that's no comfort to you. I wish you the best with your new Ford, and happy truckin'!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

We appreciate you taking one for the team so the rest of us could be trouble free....or at least as trouble free as FCA can manage right now. (y)

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Yeah, that is crazy, and doesn't make any sense. What good does it do to have you sign something which states what another party will or will not provide? Loaner vehicles provided by a dealership are 100% in the dealer's control. You have zero control over that. Were you agreeing to never request one? There is no way I would ever sign something like that when buying a car or truck. I would have smiled, waved goodbye, and driven to another dealership. I'm not even sure it's legal for them to require you to sign a form like that as a condition of purchase.
The document I signed was particular to the dealership and their loaner Policy. I basically agreed to never request a loaner and that they would never proactively provide one. That dealership is almost two hours from my house, and knowing I will never go back there for service or repairs I decided not to make a stink over it. Regardless, still crazy to make someone sign that.

ddharris

Reaction score
Shout out to Davis Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Yulee , FL. Great service from a small dealership. The ones that do good need love also. Sometime people are very hard to deal with even if the issue is very legitimate as vehicles get ever harder to diagnose.

DP

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Why in the F*?#!$; would you put up with all of that for two years? Sounds like trolling to me...

U

User_3336

Why in the F*?#!$; would you put up with all of that for two years? Sounds like trolling to me...
I wondered that myself. This is the other thread, and it was back in 2019.

U

User_3336

Is the LEASED vehicle you were actively talking about back in September of 2019??

Users who are viewing this thread