5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 1500 Longhorn project is now complete

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nicely done. Looks like factory. As much as I love these trucks I think they missed the boat on some of the packages. The sport hood should be available across the board. I also think there should be Wheel options like what you did. The darker tantanium look is really in.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Understated badass truck. That's the key to success, keep it simple. Nice truck.

Kaydee

Reaction score
B.E.Autiful!!!! What was the process of painting the 22’s and the exact color?
I would call it a titanium color. I just took straight black added a bit of white and some silver metal flake but you could find this color easily on a color palette I just had the paints laying around so mixed my own so just look for a charcoal gray metallic you would pretty will have it

Lawdog

Reaction score
Best looking Longhorn Ive seen to date.. Gret Job

JoeRam

Reaction score
That turned out extremely well. I have plans to do the same to my Limited. What tires did you mount to the 22's?

mhb1638

Reaction score
Toyo winter tires G3 stock ram size
Kaydee....I have a Limited just like yours and now you gave me exactly the theme I want. My question is...did you have the grill painted, wrapped, or paint over the chrome? I ordered the top grill piece to be painted. The bottom half I have no idea on part number so I haven't ordered yet. But i was thinking continue buying the oem black ready-to-paint pieces instead of over the chrome paint cause I've heard to many horror stories on that.

Might i add, LOVE the truck!!!

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
That's a beaut @ Kaydee! I also love that you strayed from the pack and made it your own. Clean, understated and classy! Job well done... (y)

Kaydee

Reaction score
Kaydee....I have a Limited just like yours and now you gave me exactly the theme I want. My question is...did you have the grill painted, wrapped, or paint over the chrome? I ordered the top grill piece to be painted. The bottom half I have no idea on part number so I haven't ordered yet. But i was thinking continue buying the oem black ready-to-paint pieces instead of over the chrome paint cause I've heard to many horror stories on that.

Might i add, LOVE the truck!!!
I have done some base coat clear coat painting of motorcycles in the past so I decided to paint all of the chrome parts including the bumper after sanding somewhat aggressively. Then I used an epoxy primer on everything and then the base coat clear coat. I also worried about the bumpers chipping easily so I had the 3M clear film applied to the front of my truck and bumper

Cmoar

Reaction score
Awesome to see how well it turned out! All that hard work paid off, it’s the best looking LH I’ve seen.

macallien

Reaction score
Well it's been about 2 months now and I have completed my project to make something of a longhorn sport. It started with having the truck with a Sport Hood installed and then painting black borders on the rear tail lights, painting the 22 in Long Horn Wheels to a titanium metallic finish and then painting the full front end Grill bumper and fascias 2 matching White. I am quite pleased with the outcome thought I'd share a couple pictures. Now it's time to go and put a bunch of miles on this baby View attachment 5035 View attachment 5036 View attachment 5037 View attachment 5038
that is a great looking truck sir! Congrats! Mind snapping a side pic of the truck with more light. I want to see the contrast of the wheels vs the truck. I might just steal your color idea! Great job!

KidCutti

Reaction score
Well it's been about 2 months now and I have completed my project to make something of a longhorn sport. It started with having the truck with a Sport Hood installed and then painting black borders on the rear tail lights, painting the 22 in Long Horn Wheels to a titanium metallic finish and then painting the full front end Grill bumper and fascias 2 matching White. I am quite pleased with the outcome thought I'd share a couple pictures. Now it's time to go and put a bunch of miles on this baby View attachment 5035 View attachment 5036 View attachment 5037 View attachment 5038
This is one of the best looking trucks I’ve seen. You really did a great job not overdoing any of the mods. I really like your tail lights and I’d like to replicate what you did. Can you share how to achieve this style? I’d appreciate the feedback.

eyler34

Reaction score
Did you paint the black in the grille too? I'm looking to tone down the chrome in the front of my grille, but not remove it all.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
How did you do the taillights? They look awesome

J_C

Reaction score
How did you get a sport hood, and did you install it yourself? Was there any need to feather the paint to match the fenders?

Users who are viewing this thread