5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

musty smell after turn off AC...

LV426

Reaction score
No, Klima-Cleaner does not have any oder or added perfume type smell that I can tell. To me it, smells like isopropyl alcohol after I spray it in. Its gone after it dries out and then smells like nothing or just that "new car air conditioning" smell. There are a few other cleaners out there also but I used this stuff before with previous cars and had good results.

njt07

Reaction score
That may work or be very temporary. The smell everyone has (for the most part) is coming from a funky evaporator coil and whatever it sits in. It needs to be cleaned/disinfected.
Foaming cleaners work the best in this case, the trick is to find a spot to pump the stuff in were it "fills up" and soaks the coil with cleaner and does not leak out all over inside the vehicle.
Its the latter, day 4 and the smell is back. Time to buy some klima cleaner. Gonna see if my dealership will do free first though

Users who are viewing this thread