5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must have options on your RAM

What is your list of options?

• Total voters

Grouper

Reaction score
Snow. Not much about the ORG helps in snow.
And I'm in FL and will probably never take my truck off road. There's really nothing in the ORG that I find necessary to have, regardless of whether or not it's a good deal.

I'm ordering 4wd because it's better at the boat ramp and the auto setting is useful on the road in heavy rain.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I skipped the ORG group I wanted the smoother ride. The falken wildpeaks would of been nice (had them on my 4th gen) but I was planning on switching to them anyways in a bigger size when it’s time for tire.

Forgot to mention.. my must

-crew cab (I just can’t fathom buying a quad cab I rather have the extra interior space

- Hemi (no etorque) which seemed almost impossible to find without I looked through probably 500+ rams before deciding on my current one. I hate that stop and start crap and I don’t want to have to disable it every time

-4x4 spend the extra money you may not use it often but when u need it you have it. Working on the road there’s been times where the next job would be up north during the winter and it’s nice to be prepared. Or bad service roads that aren’t maintained during the rainy reasons it’s easy to find yourself stuck.. not the case in 4wd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

peeceejay

Reaction score
I cast my vote for most of the features my truck had.

When I was buying my 2020 Laramie, I was looking for a bit of a unicorn. I wanted the safety group with the 360 camera's (first truck, wife used to small cross overs - we needed the extra eyes) - but, I also wanted a trail brake controller. Adding the tow group nixed the safety group, due to the mirrors. I finally found one 75miles from me with the safety group and the trail brake controller added independantly.

I was at the end of a lease, so I couldn't wait on the 2021 - but man, I do wish I could get those tow / 360 mirrors added.

I've found the rambox useful. The bed utility group gave me a step and rails to put my tonnoue cover on. Air suspension helped me when I was towing a travel trailer recently, also.

My buddy bought a silverado at the same time - his interior is very ... utilitarian. The HUD not something I care for. He has a pretty sweet digital rear view mirror, though. His tail gate is one of the multi-function ones, too - but I don't know I'd use it.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I didn't find any big difference for the driver. If you don't have anyone next to you I guess you could use that space for your right leg too.
I found that the seat next to the driver has very small legroom. As Wch_chip said it is ok to have someone in that seat for a small distance, but not for long rides.
Right knee space, bench versus bucket seats, pages 28 and 30

Attachments

• Ram 1500 DT eBrochure.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 12

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually it does...the Falken Wildpeak's that come with the ORG work great in the snow!

I believe what most reference is the locker. Lockers work well in certain situations for sure, but these will not work well in deep snow. The LSD is always "active" whereas the locker won't let you engage it above 20 MPH (and auto-disengages it above 20 MPH) in any mode except 4WD low. If you start revving the tires in the snow to get through some deep stuff, or to pull someone out of deep stuff, you speedo will think you're going faster than 20 (even though you're not), and will disengage the locker.

If the speed limit was a bit higher on it (without going into 4WD low), I would have gone the ORG route, and gave it a chance in the snow.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was a pretty good list. There's a couple on there that I would like to have - the 3.92 axle and the 33 gallon tank - but they weren't deal breakers for me. I have the 26 gallon tank, which is the same thing I had on my Titan, and since the Ram gets better fuel economy I really don't notice it one way or the other. The 3.92 axle would be nice, but this truck hauls *** good enough already and I rarely tow anything these days that the extra oomph would matter.

Deal breaks for me: must have 4WD, Crew cab. I love the remote start and the dampened tailgate. Everything else is pretty standard fare.

ClancyO

Reaction score
ORG & nav weren’t on my list, but we’re on the trucked that ticked all the other boxes.. Having had both now (19 bighorn didn’t have it), the ORG does ride ... sharper. I’m not sure I’d call it rougher. It’s just more like a truck and less like a luxury car. Mine will see light trails, but probably nothing to justify all the skid plates, but even so it’s nice knowing they’re there.

(And I really wouldn’t mind to never drive in the snow again.)

ben b

Reaction score
Bought a RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn – this is my first pickup truck ever. Owned it for about 1 month; just returned from a 2,300 mile trip with it.

Please keep in mind that my comments are for my tastes. I am a 62 year old American male. Slightly overweight (aren’t we all?), but able to go on long bike rides and uphill hikes without whining. Others, especially people using trucks for towing/hauling/general work uses, will have different needs.

RAM Box: This is a fabulous addition. Makes it so easy to keep my bike stuff (helmets, pump, riding gear) neat and accessible without having to hunt thru other stuff. Put coats, hats, hiking shoes in other RAM Box so I could just jump out of the truck in any weather and be ready.

Muti Function Tailgate: Another fabulous addition. Makes it so easy to access items in bed without stressing my back.

Pull out bed step
: Yes, yes, yes. Easy and safe to climb into/out of truck bed, even when you are holding something awkward, like a bike.

Technology Group: Yes. The "camera mirror" has much smaller blind spots. I love having my speed plus the road speed limit in the HUD.

Park View cameras: Absolutely! The truck is large. The look down cameras make is so easy to maneuver in tight spaces! Also, since my wife can see what is going on as well, they contribute greatly to marital harmony. If you have these, there isn't much point to the self-parking feature since the cameras make parking easy anyway.

33 gallon tank: Very useful. Gives good peace of mind when driving thru areas of California, Oregon, Washington with infrequent gas stations.

Bed soft tri-fold cover
: This is a maybe. It is well designed – very easy to use, fits well, keeps water out mostly. But I wouldn’t trust its security in so-so places.

3.6L V6 Engine: Perfectly adequate for my needs (I don’t tow). Quiet. Acceleration is fine. Able to cruise at 75 MPH without stress. No problem on mountains.

Bed Utility Group
: I would omit this. Additional bed lighting isn’t great. I don’t need divider. Extra pull downs might be handy sometime, but I didn’t need them.

Fancy stereo: This is a waste of money for my ears. Wish I could have deleted it.

Miscellaneous:
  • I installed Husky mud guards before the trip. They work well.
  • I used a simple consumer ceramic wax treatment (Griot’s 3 in 1) before embarking. Took about 3 hours to apply 2 coats. When I got home it was trivial to clean off all the 100 degree baked on bugs/road grime. I highly endorse this type of product – I’m sure there are other fine brands to choose from as well as Griot’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online