5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

multifunction tailgate wont swing open

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My multifunction tailgate will release with key fob but I can hear it unlock but for some reason it will not swing open I have to grab it and pull it open....

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My multifunction tailgate will release with key fob but I can hear it unlock but for some reason it will not swing open I have to grab it and pull it open....
The tailgate release with key fob should drop it down, not swing it open. If it's not dropping, might need to adjust the latches. As far as swinging out, AFAIK, you always have to pull it open to the side

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The fob opens the tailgate in the traditional way. But you have to use the upper release to open it barn door style. The tailgate on our Limited does not drop when you use the fob. But that's because of the tonneau cover. With the cover retracted the tailgate drops with the fob.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jako