5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-Function Tailgate: worth it?

bud007

Reaction score
I wasnt looking for it , but so glad my truck came with it. it is a great option.
Last night i popped open one side of the tailgate ,sat down in the bed and had a nice frosty cold one.

Lindyrig4

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to ask for bids on a new build Laramie 4x4. (Thanks to @Silent Bob for your thread. )

I'm new to owning a pickup.

Is the MFT a worthwhile addition, or is it just marketing?

If you have an MFT, do you love it? If you don't have an MFT, do you miss it or wish you had it?

Share your opinions!

Thanks,
Ken
I've had one now for a few weeks and its the only way I have used to get into the bed so far. Yes, its worth it! Why did it tke so long to come up with it?
Its simple, and it makes total sense. Thank You Ram

Lindyrig4

Reaction score
Wow. You guys are starting to sell me on it. ;)

(Ram boxes: I had been very interested, but there seems to be two main drawbacks. First, there are so many reports of poor fit that I just don't think they're ready; second, I'm pretty set on getting a RetraxOne bed cover. I don't think they're compatible with Ramboxes. Instead, I'll get one (or two) of those swingout tailgate boxes that fit between the wheelwell and the tailgate.)
Those swing out boxes work ok for the first month.... unless you leave them empty

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those swing out boxes work ok for the first month.... unless you leave them empty
You know...I think I understand why! They use 6 self-tapping screws to mount into the sheetmetal sidewall of the bed. I can't see them staying sag-free.

As it is, my Swing Case came with a broken plastic piece (the latch mechanism that secures the case to the side of the bed is a spring encased in plastic). I'm currently waiting for their email response to sending me a new latch plate (the whole metal sidebar) or just new plastic pieces. So...mine is not yet installed.

Good to know.

Since you've (obviously?) got one...would you do it again?

Users who are viewing this thread