5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mufflex DODNG14

Tender

Reaction score
I had a DOD14 on my 2012 Ram and liked the sound. What is everyone's thoughts on DODNG14 for going on my 19. I'd love to put the Borla S type on it but am having a tough time justifying the extra $700 for it. Any thoughts.
Thanks!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I read someone on here who had the larger one that liked it but might have been a bit mellow. I think you should check out the b2 fabrication muffler. They use the magnaflow 14” and some very high quality welds and brackets that make it a bolt on. Every on here who has it loves it.

Tender

Reaction score
I saw that one on another thread. Is it the same muffler on the B2fabrication and the Mufflex kit?

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I don’t have the part numbers in front of me but they must be the same muffler (I’m guessing). Not sure of the welds/clamps on the Mufflex (they might be good) but I can definitely vouch for Matt at b2 fab. Absolutely top notch high quality stuff. You will not be disappointed. You can even find a vid on here and on his website where they show the shop and the process.

Tender

Reaction score
I don’t have the part numbers in front of me but they must be the same muffler (I’m guessing). Not sure of the welds/clamps on the Mufflex (they might be good) but I can definitely vouch for Matt at b2 fab. Absolutely top notch high quality stuff. You will not be disappointed. You can even find a vid on here and on his website where they show the shop and the process.

Great thanks for the response. I always like dealing with recommendations. When I installed the Mufflex on my 12 ram it came from recommendations on another forum and I was not disappointed. I checked out their web page and the work looks top notch!

In my mind I just can't justify $1000 for the Borla and the B2fab & the sort just seems like the most logical option to me.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Great thanks for the response. I always like dealing with recommendations. When I installed the Mufflex on my 12 ram it came from recommendations on another forum and I was not disappointed. I checked out their web page and the work looks top notch!

In my mind I just can't justify $1000 for the Borla and the B2fab & the sort just seems like the most logical option to me.

I agree. The ram already has a good SS setup so swapping out the muffler is a cheap way to get some good sound and still have a great long lasting exhaust. That said, if you prefer a more custom sound and want to drop the resonators, you do the full catback. You. Can always do the B2 fab and if you find yourself wanting more, pull it off in a few weeks/months and sell it on here and pickup a catback (mopar/borla, etc). It’s easy to install and remove (the b2 fab) so you don’t waste money on the install or removal if you go that route down the road.

Firebird

Reaction score
I have the 18 and love it! 14 was too loud for me

Tender

Reaction score
I have the 18 and love it! 14 was too loud for me

We shall see. I ordered the 14" from B2fabrication yesterday. As I mentioned above I had the DOD14 on my 2012 Ram and honestly found it about right or maybe just a little too quiet. I'll give a report back first of the year. The last one didn't sound good until it really broke in.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
We shall see. I ordered the 14" from B2fabrication yesterday. As I mentioned above I had the DOD14 on my 2012 Ram and honestly found it about right or maybe just a little too quiet. I'll give a report back first of the year. The last one didn't sound good until it really broke in.

you won’t be disappointed. I would suggest using some permatex ultra copper silicon on the joint, liberally, on the inside and outside of the pipes. Then really tighten down the bolts. This will give you extra insurance against any potential leaks. Also make sure to use the washers on the gasket on the other connection. Post back your review

badassbaldie

Reaction score
To the OP, I too had the mufflex 14” on my 2015 Sport. I was going to order the same for my current 2019 Rebel. I ended up going with the mufflex muffler delete and I AM SOOO GLAD I did.

I think with the additional resonators on the 2019’s exhaust, the 14” would definitely have been more mellow than my 2015 with the same exhaust. I hate to say it but I think the 14” B2 fabrication muffler setup in your 2019 is going to be quieter as well. Looks like they use the same muffler as mufflex (magnaflow).

FWIW, I have absolutely no drone with my muffler delete setup and my Goodyear Duratracs are louder than the exhaust at cruising speeds. Now during acceleration and WOT, that’s a whole other story!

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
If you like the Borla sound, just have a shop cut out the old and weld in the Borla of your choice. I had a 14” Borla ProXS installed just like that and “I“ love it.

Tender

Reaction score
Well I installed the 14" Magnaflow from B2Fabrications. Initial impression:
Install: Very easy, about 1hr. A recip saw vs using a hack saw could have saved me about 10 min. (see tip at bottom for easy fitment)

-Interstate speed-no real in cab sound, hardly tell the difference from stock with the radio off.

-Moderate acceleration-In cab sound is louder than my 2012 possibly due to the old truck was quad cab vs crew cab on the new truck. Still the radio at medium volume easily covers it.

-Heavy acceleration-Not really any louder than moderate acceleration just more aggressive sounding. You definitely know you have done the exhaust.

-Idle-On cold start I'd say it is louder than the 2012 but once the truck is warmed up the sound difference is not much over stock. You have to be standing right next to it to hear it idle when warm. When I cold start in the A.M. with remote start I can hear it fire up and idle in the house.:)

Overall, I think it will be similar to the DOD14 that was on my 2012 once it fully breaks in. If you want a moderate exhaust that doesn't wake the neighbors but still sounds a little throaty with zero drone this is probably a good buy. As for me I almost regret not going with the Pypes (next step up) or the muffler delete. For $185 I might try the delete for fun.

Tip if you do buy this or something similar. When you are fitting up the new exhaust to the coupler apply the high heat permatex or similar, fit up the tail pipe portion to the new exhaust. Snug it all up by putting a ratchet strap around the Y portion where the dual exhaust splits off and the frame forward from that point. A couple of clicks and ever thing come together very well, really saves you from trying to force the exhaust into the coupler.

**side note** When I took the exhaust off my 2012 before installing the new exhaust I started it up for fun. It was ridiculous, rattle your windows, send women & children running, scare your neighbors dog LOUD! A single 4" dumping out under the cab I was like a kid in a candy store just had to go drive it around for an hour or so before neutering it.
As for the 2019 I fired it up in the driveway after removing the exhaust and it was not even close to as loud with no exhaust and brought no such joy.

Sorry for the long read.

badassbaldie

Reaction score
Overall, I think it will be similar to the DOD14 that was on my 2012 once it fully breaks in. If you want a moderate exhaust that doesn't wake the neighbors but still sounds a little throaty with zero drone this is probably a good buy. As for me I almost regret not going with the Pypes (next step up) or the muffler delete. For $185 I might try the delete for fun.

Hate to say I told you so but...:LOL:

Spend another $185 and get the muffler delete...I am confident you'll be listing the B2Fabrications in the classifieds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online